Round 21 - Rabbitohs vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The video was pretty lame tbh but I guess their fans will enjoy it. They showed a ton of moments pre 2006 from what I could tell.

Old mate bringing up GI is odd. Would bet money it’s bs.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Absolute cheap shot and a stunt

As if the Melbourne storm wanted to let Greg Inglis go..

They were forced to by the NRL administration.

Same thing happened to Micheal Crocker..

And he seemed pretty happy about the Storm at the player reuniion and even last night on TV
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glasby says near perfection no reason to relax

Andrew Marmont
Mon 30 Jul 2018

Tim Glasby says the Storm's 44-10 defeat of the Raiders on Saturday night was almost perfect, but he isn't getting carried away with the push for another minor premiership.

Melbourne scored seven tries against Canberra on Saturday to register their eighth consecutive win, setting up a heavyweight clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs this Friday.

Despite the recent success, the 29-year-old Origin representative says there's no time to relax.

"Last year was the same - any team can beat anyone on their day," he said.

"We only just beat the Cowboys earlier in the year, and they're sitting down low. It just goes to show any team that shows up and plays well can beat someone right up the top.

"The Tigers have beaten us twice this year and are just outside the eight. It's the way the competition is these days and that's why you don't really read into a top of the table clash too much."

The Queensland Origin prop said having a full list at their disposal - including internationals Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Will Chambers and Cameron Munster - also helped bolster the Storm's attack against an outclassed Raiders team.

"We've had a few gritty wins during the Origin period and against the Warriors last week," he said.

"We certainly focused on our attack there and it worked on the weekend. I think a bit of continuity helped with that came from everyone training together."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:The Queensland Origin prop said having a full list at their disposal - including internationals Billy Slater, Cameron Smith, Will Chambers and Cameron Munster - also helped bolster the Storm's attack against an outclassed Raiders team.
"Full list"
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Being hunted is nothing new

melbournestorm.com.au
Tue 31 Jul 2018

Melbourne Storm is used to opposition sides gunning for them.

It comes with the territory when you are chasing your 12th top four finish in the last 14 seasons.

On Friday night they will face another side with similar expectations on them in 2018.

The Rabbitohs sit second only on points difference and are closing in on their first finals appearance since 2015.

There is no doubt South Sydney will be out to end Melbourne's eight game winning streak and affirm themselves as serious contenders.

An opposition determined to prove themselves is nothing new to the Victorian side though.

"That is what happens when you are Premiers the year before, everyone is going to come after you," Jesse Bromwich said.

"Every year you seem to be the hunted here because we do play good footy but I think the competition is too hard to just be hunting one team.

"There are four or five really good teams at the moment who are pulling away so everyone is trying to knock them off. I don't think we are the only ones getting hunted but with this Club every year it seems to be the same story."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:It comes with the territory when you are chasing your 12th top four finish in the last 14 seasons.
That is an amazing stat in the NRL era...
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Old mate bringing up GI is odd. Would bet money it’s bs.
Remember when Hayne was so filthy with the Eels for not signing him when he returned from the NFL that he quit his $1m contract with the Titans to sign back with them? Typical RL journalism - turning speculation to fact since forever. GI even said he thought about coming back to Melbourne in 2016 https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9179cd6d7a.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Also, for a club that is so proud of it's history, the Rabbitohs only have 1 player who has played more than 250 games (John Sutton) while the Melbourne Storm have 'only' been around for 20 years and have 5 (Smith, Slater, Cronk, Geyer, Hoffman).
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Here is our Book of Feuds.

Head-to-head: Played 28; Storm 24 wins, Rabbitohs 4 wins
Previous result: Storm won 64-6 at AAMI Park in round 25, 2017

Not much of a Feud.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Smh smh smh this game is giving me a headache already
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agree, the Melbourne Storm Book of Feuds says we should just treat it like a normal game. And just play Storm Ball.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Currently South Sydney have taken from us the following players and coaches. Seibold, Maguire, Crocker, Inglis, King, Hunt, Nicholls, Walker, Arthars, Kennar, Brittain, Britt, Leuluai? That’s just off the top of my head. If anything, I’d say you like the @storm a whole lot.

One thing is consistent in the "Mock Storm" video: every @SSFCRABBITOHS home game has empty seats in the background. Pretty embarrassing that a team in an AFL state attracts higher crowds Go @storm!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:IMO full strength is not accurate unil Sam Kasiano and Brandon Smith are available for selection.
Brandon Smith picked to play QCup this weekend. Grrr.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:
yourhero wrote:IMO full strength is not accurate unil Sam Kasiano and Brandon Smith are available for selection.
Brandon Smith picked to play QCup this weekend. Grrr.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:Currently South Sydney have taken from us the following players and coaches. Seibold, Maguire, Crocker, Inglis, King, Hunt, Nicholls, Walker, Arthars, Kennar, Brittain, Britt, Leuluai? That’s just off the top of my head. If anything, I’d say you like the @storm a whole lot.

One thing is consistent in the "Mock Storm" video: every @SSFCRABBITOHS home game has empty seats in the background. Pretty embarrassing that a team in an AFL state attracts higher crowds Go @storm!
Rhys Kennedy plays NSW Cup for them too