Round 21 - Rabbitohs vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think you're being quite unfair, as before his bad injury he was more than serviceable for us - in fact he was great. I think because of his injury, he cannot regain his old form.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I disagree.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So he WASN'T more than serviceable before he ruined his season-ending ankle???

We was an ever present in the team before that injury and indeed was more than serviceable. I maintain he is never going to regain his pre-ankle form and wouldn't be fussed if he left. I am not that keen on the bloke, right at this moment.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

He was definitely serviceable but nothing more imo. He did enough most weeks to keep his spot, but let’s be honest he didn’t have much competition back then. He never really had a great game but he did have some shockers, most notably the game against the Raiders where Joey Leilua embarrassed him.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not really sure why the injury excuse is coming out. He made poor defensive decisions. His body doesn't look limited or to be holding him back.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I am not excusing him, I don’t care if he moves on. But it is true that he has never found his previous form since coming back from injury.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:I'm not really sure why the injury excuse is coming out. He made poor defensive decisions.
It's obvious, he was "channelling" Suli!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Centres are far more important decision-makers in defence (the wingers just follow) so I'm really surprised that Bellyache put our most experienced centre out to the wing and left a reserve-grader to pick up the slack. In retrospect it's hard to see it going any way other than how it played out. I think Cheyse is a decent one-on-one defender but the decision-making leading up to the tackle is something he still needs to work on.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

In more positive news I was happy with how Munster and Hughes played behind a defeated pack. They didn't have much space to work with and without delivering anything overly spectacular I thought they did a decent job getting kicks out of our end.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Next time we play Souths; we actually need our Forwards to match the intensity of the Burgess brothers.

It is as simple as that.

If they don't Souths will beat us again.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Didn’t play bad didn’t play as well as we can will not play that bad again if we meet them again especially if it’s the big dance let’s eat some flake this weekend and basically rap up a top three finish. Rabbits will loose against the cooks and we will all be on the same points again with three games to go. He who blinks first comes last in the race for top spot. Go Storm.