Round 21 - Rabbitohs vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Hey, nobody is questioning Bellamy's ability to do his job but team selections are always going to be a point of discussion. That's why we are here.

Like some others, I also would start Stimson and leave Hoffman out. However given that Hoffman seems to have a golden pass, regardless of performance this year, I don't believe we have seen great value in having Stimson on the bench.

Personally I feel Brandon has well and truly earned his spot in the 17 and the team loses something with him being left out. I would be interested in hearing someone put forward an argument that Stimson has offered more from the bench than Brandon in 2018...
Agree totally. I love Craig - we are so much the better because of him. However I disagree with him on team selection here. My best 17 would have Stimson and B Smith, and not Hoffman . Frankly I think we would be better as well with Sam ( or Albert V ) than Kenny . Thus Stimson at 12, Dale at 13; and Brandon, Glasby ( who can play a 13 role ), Christian and Vete/Kasiano on the bench. Doubt it will happen, but there we are..
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bold prediction: s. Burgess will be a grub.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Rabbitohs mock Melbourne Storm’s passion in latest Book of Feuds

Adam Lucius
sportingnews.com

Cocky South Sydney seem intent on poking competition leaders Melbourne ahead of their top-of-the-table clash on Friday night, mocking the Storm’s passion as ‘bought not built’ and accusing the premiers of treating superstar Greg Inglis poorly.

In the latest addition to their season-long Book of Feuds video showcase, the Rabbitohs detail their 20-year rivalry with Melbourne, saying the Victorian club was ‘set-up by Super League supremoes in 1997 and flushed with News Limited cash’.

“Since our first match (against Storm) in May 1998, it’s been an unfair fight,” the Rabbitohs declared.

“For everything they were given, they weren’t given passion.

“That’s built, not bought.

“So every victory against Melbourne is a special one.”

Souths were kicked out of the competition in 1999 while Melbourne, according to the Bunnies, prospered ‘despite having no juniors’.

Souths eventually returned to the NRL in 2002, struggling in the early years of their re-birth before emerging as a genuine force on the back of signing Storm star Inglis ahead of the 2011 season.

Then CEO Shane Richardson marks the moment Souths nabbed - Christmas Eve 2010 – ‘as the night we won our 21st century’.

But Richo recalled GI being dark at the Storm for cutting him in the wake of the club’s salary cap dramas.

"Greg is all about family and couldn't really believe Melbourne had let him go. He was pretty stunned and disappointed by that," Richardson explained.

"He was very melancholy about it when he first came to us and it took him a while to settle in.

“He's gone from strength to strength (since then) and he's a great asset to the club.

"He's become a leader through actions and attitude. He puts his heart and soul into Souths.

"He wears that badge with pride.”

The winner of Friday night’s encounter at ANZ Stadium will inherit top spot on the table with four rounds remaining.
Iirc it was News that told the club to lose him and keep Billy.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:Bold prediction: s. Burgess will be a grub.

The best part of beating them is watching this clown go off like a 2 bob watch.

I couldn't bear to see this clown happy so please please please Melbourne Storm beat them.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

RobbieRoss wrote:
yourhero wrote:Hey, nobody is questioning Bellamy's ability to do his job but team selections are always going to be a point of discussion. That's why we are here.

Like some others, I also would start Stimson and leave Hoffman out. However given that Hoffman seems to have a golden pass, regardless of performance this year, I don't believe we have seen great value in having Stimson on the bench.

Personally I feel Brandon has well and truly earned his spot in the 17 and the team loses something with him being left out. I would be interested in hearing someone put forward an argument that Stimson has offered more from the bench than Brandon in 2018...
Agree totally. I love Craig - we are so much the better because of him. However I disagree with him on team selection here. My best 17 would have Stimson and B Smith, and not Hoffman . Frankly I think we would be better as well with Sam ( or Albert V ) than Kenny . Thus Stimson at 12, Dale at 13; and Brandon, Glasby ( who can play a 13 role ), Christian and Vete/Kasiano on the bench. Doubt it will happen, but there we are..
Yeah a lot of people here and other Storm fans will be on the same wave length.
Kenny has managed to up his game, he has got to just keep his form the way it is without trying to force some sort of miracle ball.
If it were up to me I would of had been forced to have demoted him with just more players showing they have something more to offer and are bringing their A-Game when brought into 1st Grade.
I feel his strength is to step in between players therefore drawing in two players to leave himself ready to off load and he is a handy supporting player that can get over the line for us, normally good with his defence and his passing game. But let's hope he can provide us the goods tomorrow night.

Any positives others could mention with Hoffman?
The pressure/charge down he put on Cronk are the sort of plays that we know we can expect from him.
He's shown he can take the gap all the way to the line.
Let's hope he's able to get stuck into the Burgess brothers and the other large bunnies.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

In Kenny's last three games (all starts) - 6 runs, 5 runs, and 3 runs. He had that nice pass to Jacks for a try all the way back in round 15. I do feel like we should be getting more out of a player who is guaranteed to play 40 minutes every week.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

blazza18 wrote:What does this have to do with giving Bellamy credit or not? How strange.. Being a great coach doesn't stop you from being criticised over player selections. Or should we just be fine that Ryan Hoffman plays 80 minutes ever week?

Also Brandon has been out for two weeks not two months. And it's not like we don't just bring players back immediately after injury cc Finucane, Dale.
It's more to do with your "pathetic" comment. We all know what you think about Hoffman; but just maybe the most winningest (god I hate that Americanism, but it's appropriate here) knows a bit more than we do and has good reasons for resting Smith.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:It's more to do with your "pathetic" comment. We all know what you think about Hoffman; but just maybe the most winningest (god I hate that Americanism, but it's appropriate here) knows a bit more than we do and has good reasons for resting Smith.

Brandon Smith has proven to be a valuable player for us this season and was treated like he didn't exist the other day by the teams social media account and website and then we find out he's playing reserves. What is not pathetic about the situation?

You're a site manager on a Melbourne Storm forum. If everything was as simple as "Bellamy knows more than you because winzzz" no one would be here and there would be no baistand. I don't want to make this into something it isn't but why not discuss or debate a topic instead?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The thing that upsets me the most about Brandon missing out is I genuinely believe he had a great shot at rookie of the year. His injury and coming back through reserve grade has practically killed any chance he had
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Was waiting for anyones thoughts on Vunivalu being ruled out.
Olam has been named, would of been interesting to have tried another player possibly in the mix.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Gaiscioch wrote:Was waiting for anyones thoughts on Vunivalu being ruled out.
Olam has been named, would of been interesting to have tried another player possibly in the mix.
I’m happy with Olam playing. I’m just hoping they don’t pull a last minute switch and put Blair in instead
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:
I’m happy with Olam playing. I’m just hoping they don’t pull a last minute switch and put Blair in instead

It's Bellamy of course they will
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gaiscioch surely Olam deserves a chance. Although like Deadpool and Sallymay I fear that Bellamy will pull a late switch and bring Blair in as he has done at least once before.

Gaiscioch which other player were you thinking of?
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote:Gaiscioch which other player were you thinking of?
I'm sure Olam will give it his all if given a chance.
I just see a winger more interchangable than most positions as long as they carry right skillset.

Sandor is injured I'm thinking along with Ratuva who is possibly too young for Bellamy's liking anyhow.
So that leaves Marion Seve. Unless Seve wasn't fit as well.
But yeah, get in a winger for a winger.