Hinchy coming 'home'

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Reports over in the UK that Ryan Hinchcliffe is not resigning for Huddersfield Giants and is coming back to melbourne to take up a coaching position
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was concerned about another Hoffman situation when I saw the tweet. Bringing him onto the coaching staff will be fun. Love that the old players are still wanting to be around the club.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:I was concerned about another Hoffman situation when I saw the tweet. Bringing him onto the coaching staff will be fun. Love that the old players are still wanting to be around the club.
My sentiments exactly. Hinchy on the off-field staff would be great, but on the park Brandon Smith ( I have to concede I have a man-crush on that kid ) is the new Hinchy ('version 2.0)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I doubt we would have hinchy ryles and obrian...i reckon one will leave soon...most likely Jason
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:I doubt we would have hinchy ryles and obrian...i reckon one will leave soon...most likely Jason

Why? Just because he wants to come back to the club in some capacity doesn't necessarily mean in a coaching role. There's more than just coaching roles with Kearnsy and Robbo being the perfect examples
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:I doubt we would have hinchy ryles and obrian...i reckon one will leave soon...most likely Jason
Makes sense given he was talked up to replace Bellamy.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:
Makes sense given he was talked up to replace Bellamy.
adam O'Brien was talked up by Craig as his successor from memory...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think O'Brien will look for a role elsewhere - he's not going to want to stay assistant forever, and with Bellamy re-signing I think he'll look for options - Penrith are looking to hook Hook (pun intended) - so might get into a race with Ciraldo
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:Penrith are looking to hook Hook (pun intended) - so might get into a race with Ciraldo
I don't get that... They are two wins away from first place - have performed relatively well for most of the year - and they are looking to move him on? Looks like Gus' enormous ego is more important than club results.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Couldn't agree more - and since they launched the review and it went public, they've been rubbish. Makes no sense to me!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hinchcliffe to return home

melbournestorm.com.au
Wed 5 Sep 2018

Melbourne Storm favourite son Ryan Hinchcliffe will return in 2019 as part of the Club's coaching staff.

Hinchcliffe, who announced his retirement yesterday from UK Super League side Huddersfield Giants, has accepted a role as a Development Coach.

A Storm life member and Premiership player, Hinchcliffe played 175 games in the purple jersey across seven seasons.

He joined the Giants in 2016 and has since played 86 matches, he will play the remaining four games of the Super League season.

Storm will announce their 2019 coaching staff in the coming weeks.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Great news to have Hinchy back. Great clubman. Great work ethic. Great role model.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Guess I was right then...one coach has left and it was Adam not Jason

Ex players Craig Bellamy loved
Hoffy
Hinchy
Ryles
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A couple of interviews with the two Ryans - Hinchy and Hoffy - have been put up on the Storm website. They give their early thoughts on their respective new roles and how things are different now.

Hinchy (Development Coach) - https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... nchcliffe/

Hoffy (Football Administration Coordinator) - https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -at-storm/