Round 20 - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Brilliant by both Hughes and Vunivalu.
Absolutely. Outstanding work by Jahrome to get that away. Then Vunivalu with brute strength that most other wingers wish they had.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote:Close to the line and with a greasy track Soliola wins that battle everytime
Scott should have still put his body on the line. Really poor effort.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It would be kind to say this is a "B" level half from us. Raiders have been dreadful and are beating themselves. We've been happy to obliged.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
bula wrote:Close to the line and with a greasy track Soliola wins that battle everytime
Scott should have still put his body on the line. Really poor effort.
Agreed. Contact from Scott was dreadful.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The score line is flattering. We are playing well, but I think the margin more reflects how poor Canberra have been.

Dropped ball.
Poor defence.
And some of the worst discipline I have seen all year.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Felt like we haven't done much but we have a big lead at halftime
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Enjoyable first half. The team seems better with Hughes at 7.
Bill popping up everywhere, but his success rate this season with those overhead balls must be low.

The handling has been excellent in slippery conditions.

24-4 at HT- i am taking that !
Monsoon
Monsoon

Class half, super clinical. Look several grades above the Raiders, was disappointed with Scott’s contact for Soliolas try as well but he was essentially marking 2 players as they created a short side overlap, that close to the line he didn’t have much chance, been really happy with everyone though which is rare for me, Hughes, Jesse, Kaufusi and Munster my standouts so far, hopefully we go on with it and put a bit of score on.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:Class half, super clinical. Look several grades above the Raiders, was disappointed with Scott’s contact for Soliolas try as well but he was essentially marking 2 players as they created a short side overlap, that close to the line he didn’t have much chance, been really happy with everyone though which is rare for me, Hughes, Jesse, Kaufusi and Munster my standouts so far, hopefully we go on with it and put a bit of score on.
Agree pretty much 100% with this. Scott’s defensive effort on that try wasn’t good enough but I think Soliola scores that try 9 times out of 10 against most players, and Scott bounced back with a good try of his own so yeah. Going on with this is the big thing tho. Seen several big comebacks this weekend, 2 of them earlier today. We can’t give Canberra a sniff
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scott has been second guessing himself almost every time we've gone to him on the left edge. It's cause he's had no room to do anything.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scott and Stimson have been pretty average, Stimson has been pinged 3 times tonight for holding down too long, he will improve with game time though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Class kick from Hughes. We score off the repeat set.
Monsoon
Monsoon

What a great kick by Hughes, this 7 jersey is his for the rest of the campaign I think.

NAS unstoppable from there!!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The play by Hughes to know no fullback was at the back so he put a kick in was about as next level as you can get. Bellamy would love that.
Monsoon
Monsoon

WHAT A TRY!!!!!!!!! Wow!!!!!!!