Round 20 - Storm vs Raiders

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Yeah I just can't see the point of holding Croft on the bench, so it will be a surprise if we were to see this happen.
A shame about Kamikamica but would be great to use Vete's experience get used for this Raiders match.

It's not ideal obviously, if we lost a player in the Backs to an injury, but Cam Smith would have to slot in to Stand-Off and do the shuffling around from there and Kenny would have to have the game of his life in at Hooker lol.

And like everyone else, if we were able to select on form, we would want to see Stimson in the starting line up.
Kenny is slowly building his game back up, but it does surprise me a lot that Kenny doesn't add an adlib play to his repertoire which is a wrap around. He has the agility, passing and the energy to do this as he is great at getting in between two players also, so I'm thinking a good wrap around and a draw and pass or offload to a hole running Hughes or Slater (perhaps its just wishful thinking on my behalf lol.)

We get a lot of or enough consistency from all the players that are named, the ones that worry me is Vunivalu's brain explosions with his options / decision making and Slater's passing game.
Big games from NAS, Jesse, Glasby and Welch is a no brainier but wishing them all the best to run havoc over the Raiders.

Not a bad call from you Deadpool to try Blair on the bench.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Neck soreness huh? Interesting. Not implying I know anything but maybe the axe has finally been swung? No room for sentiment when it comes to winning at the business end of the season, he was diabolical last week.
did you go to the coaches forum with supporters during the week ? Frank spoke about injuries. Mentioned Hoffy.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Joe Stimson has been promoted to the starting side for Saturday night.

Stimson comes into the starting side for Ryan Hoffman who has been withdrawn due to neck soreness. Kenny Bromwich will again play in the lock position with Dale Finucane to come off the bench for the second straight week.

Cheyse Blair will also come off the bench for the first time in his Storm career.

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11. Felise Kaufusi
17. Joe Stimson
14. Kenny Bromwich

13. Dale Finucane
15. Tim Glasby
16. Christian Welch
20. Cheyse Blair
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I’m a huge fan of the Cheese, but I cannot help but think Vete would have been a better option.

Obviously without Brandon being fit, Bellamy wants some utility value on the bench. Not a bad option when you look at it that way.
Last edited by yourhero on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So I guess 4 middle forwards/props on the bench would be overkill and we use Blair as a backrower if need be?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surprised with Blair on bench. Was hoping Vete would get another run.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:So I guess 4 middle forwards/props on the bench would be overkill and we use Blair as a backrower if need be?
Looks that way... but pre-Brandon Smith era, I have liked when we have played with four big units on the bench in the past.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, I liked the 4 big boy bench too. Don't think this is a big deal just a bit strange that this is the option. Vete had a really good impact the game he did play. Could move Kenny or NAS to the edge for a bit if need be too.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Geez I’m on a role with these teams named. I was right last week with Brandon Smith and I called Blair on the bench for this game, although I wasn’t expecting this
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Surprised with Blair on bench. Was hoping Vete would get another run.
Me too, but Deadpool picked it!

Just taken my seat. Mild night. I have wrongly worn the Storm puffer jacket. Should have gone the lighter version. Also just realised I have grabbed the 2017 Members scarf, not the 2018( I have a heap of scarves and caps in the cupboard)! Maybe it is an omen for some 2017 form for the boys tonight !
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Super hands by Felise.

Leilua and Rapina on their left side v Suli and Will.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Anasta must of put money on the Raiders.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What are the jerseys we are wearing tonight? Same design as the heritage, but the names are only in the lightning bolts. Another really nice jersey
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We need Blair in for Scott. Close to the line and with a greasy track Soliola wins that battle everytime
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Brilliant by both Hughes and Vunivalu.