Storm has the hardest run to the Finals :(

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storminghome
Squall
Squall

So I just crunched some numbers and unfortunately we have the hardest run to the Finals for the last 7 games of the season.

I have worked out a total based on who each team is playing in the next 7 weeks, with 1 point being given if you play against the top team and 16 points being given if you play against the bottom team , and then numbers in between. Therefore the smallest total is the worst case scenario.

Our total is 56 being made up of Warriors(7), Raiders (9) Souths (1), Sharks (6), Eels (16) Titans (12) and Panther (5)

Other teams totals are:

Warriors 56
Broncos 58
Souths 59
Panthers 62
Roosters 65
Sharks 73
Dragons 77

It's going to be very hard for us to finish in the top 2.

The only saving grace may be the home games that each team plays. Storm, Souths, Sharks, Warriors and Broncos have 4 home games each. Roosters have 3 and Dragons and Panthers have 2 only.

Go luck to all and GO STORM!!! :)
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

the other way to look at it is that we are taking points of teams near us if we win. 2 if not 3 of the remaining games could be '4 point games'

(glass half full ginda guy)
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

4 games at home though. At the end of the day, if we're going anywhere in the finals, playing the other finals teams has to happen. Time to separate the men from the boys so to speak
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

They say finals is like another season so we should partly be thinking of these next few games as practice for September footy. We'll need to sort out our combinations and work out all the kinks and errors that have plagued us all season to give ourselves the best chance of going back-to-back.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just hope we get to finals without any injuries
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

coupy73 wrote:the other way to look at it is that we are taking points of teams near us if we win. 2 if not 3 of the remaining games could be '4 point games'

(glass half full ginda guy)
I like that as a viewpoint.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately