Round 19 - Warriors vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunday 22nd July
2:00pm
Mt Smart Stadium

After being hammered by the Panthers two weeks ago, the Warriors bounced back this week with a 20 point win over the Broncos. As is usually the case, who knows which Warriors team turns up next week. The giant killing superstars of the early 2018 rounds? Or the lacklustre overachievers?

Always a tough game going over there... We should welcome back our full strength team (pending how Welch is?).

Questions will continue over the HB position most of the week but I think Hughes will get the jersey in the end. Unlucky for Crofty given he has performed well since getting his second chance over the Origin period.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bloody Broncos played the Warriors back into form right before we face them. I think the Warriors will be up big time for this game, wanting a bit of revenge for the Anzac Day game. We’ll need to be on top of our game
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Warriors came out to play today.

They can be great or shit.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The closeness of the competition this year is ridiculous...

If we win this game we could share top spot.
If we lose, we could be on equal points as the team in 7th.

Dragons have the Cowboys who have just been atrocious all year.
Rabbitohs have the Tigers who have been average themselves.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can’t wait for this one, I think we will also see the strongest lineup we’ve fielded all year this week, I expect to see:

1. Slater
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Hughes
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. Asofa-Solamona
11. Kaufusi
12. Hoffman
13. Finucane

14. B.Smith
15. K.Bromwich
16. Glasby
17. Welch

As much as I’d love to see Stimson in the #12 I have no doubt Bellamy sticks by Hoffa for the run into the finals, I think it will be a cracking game and if the Warriors who showed up today are ready to play we will have our work cut out, but I think we can win by a try or 2 if we play anywhere near our potential, I believe it was around this time last year we shifted up a gear and started really firing and I expect a similar situation this year, I also think Bellamy needs to address the slow starts to matches as we won’t always be able to run opponents down, I get that we have a system and let other teams tire while we catch them in the back end with fitness but just a slight bump in aggression and enthusiasm in those first 20 minutes will make a huge difference.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They’ll want to prove themselves after getting smashed on Anzac Day. Worry about their mobile big men throwing offloads around. Defence can’t start poor like it did on Saturday night.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Is Dale definately back this week?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's been definitely back for the last few so who knows
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Glasby to wear 13. Dale from the bench, best case scenario.

I wonder if CB will now look to rest some of the forwards who have been epic through this origin period. Good time to do it with Jesse back, Tui playing so well and the signing of Vete. NAS, Welch and Kenny have been sensational.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Lucas wrote:Glasby to wear 13. Dale from the bench, best case scenario.

I wonder if CB will now look to rest some of the forwards who have been epic through this origin period. Good time to do it with Jesse back, Tui playing so well and the signing of Vete. NAS, Welch and Kenny have been sensational.
Kenny's game against Manly was one of his better games but he's left a lot to be desired. He's leaving his position vulnerable while other players are raising their game inho.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Satae escapes sanction for his ‘raised elbow’ in the Broncos game. I didn’t think there was much in it anyway.

McCullough also escaped further sanctions for the limp-wristed punches he threw. The NRL said the damage to McCullough’s reputation was punishment enough :lol:
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Satae escapes sanction for his ‘raised elbow’ in the Broncos game. I didn’t think there was much in it anyway.

McCullough also escaped further sanctions for the limp-wristed punches he threw. The NRL said the damage to McCullough’s reputation was punishment enough :lol:
Double standards at its finest
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Deadpool wrote:
yourhero wrote:Satae escapes sanction for his ‘raised elbow’ in the Broncos game. I didn’t think there was much in it anyway.

Double standards at its finest
I think the mcCulloch punishment was about right. Now everyone knows he couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding. :oops:
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I disagree. Scott got both sent off and suspended and McCullough got 10 minutes in the bin and a fine that he paid for in loose change from his back pocket. Laughable how inconsistent the punishment is. The rules don't say anything about how effective the punch is.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Also a big difference between the two is that Walker was facing Scott telling him to punch him and Satae was defenceless being held in a tackle by McGuire. I would have McCullough at the same level as Api Koroisau for cheap shot