Round 19 - Warriors vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can absolutely see Hughes coming in at halfback. Bellamy does this so regularly. From memory, just last week Stimson was named in the centres while Blair was on the extended bench. Honestly think he gets a kick out of making changes to the named 17.

I don't see Brandon dropping out for Finucane. Now that he has had a regular run in first grade, I don't think Brandon will play reserve grade again. His issue will be breaking in to the starting 13.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I hope you guys a right about Smith. He’s a great chance of grabbing rookie of the year
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does anyone...really... c'mon...really...think that Craig just goes with the 17 named ?

No way.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:Does anyone...really... c'mon...really...think that Craig just goes with the 17 named ?

No way.
True. But I seriously doubt he names Croft at HB and then pulls the jersey from him at the last minute.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:Does anyone...really... c'mon...really...think that Craig just goes with the 17 named ?

No way.
True. But I seriously doubt he names Croft at HB and then pulls the jersey from him at the last minute.
That'd be just plain evil!

With all the speculation of who will and won't be in the side surely the expected team do train together and practice their plays all together? They must, everybody has their own unique traits and capabilities and you can't just expect someone to step in and replace somebody else perfectly. Eg, Cameron Smith misses a game for whatever reason, all the forwards know his timing and run accordingly. Put someone else in to hooker and the timing of the runs becomes disjointed.

Sallymay / Cameron, got eyes on training, what's the scoop?
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

brisbanestorm wrote:I can absolutely see Hughes coming in at halfback. Bellamy does this so regularly. From memory, just last week Stimson was named in the centres while Blair was on the extended bench. Honestly think he gets a kick out of making changes to the named 17.

I don't see Brandon dropping out for Finucane. Now that he has had a regular run in first grade, I don't think Brandon will play reserve grade again. His issue will be breaking in to the starting 13.
It is intriguing to speculate on all this.

A few thoughts - pure speculation by me.

1. Welch comes out with his concussion, Finucane comes in.

2. If Welch ok, and Finucane ok, Tui out.

3. Kenny or Hoff "rested", Joe plays.

4. B Smith PLAYS.

5. The 7 dilemma! I would have thought Jahrome should play, but as others here have said, it would be cruel to name Brodie at 7 then pull him out.

6. Finucane out, Kenny "rested ", B Smith plays 13, Jahrome plays utility off the bench ( that one might be a tad unlikely ).

Whoever runs out in the 17 for us on Sunday, it will be one heck of a game !
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:

No way.
Haha we're talking about the coach who named Kenny at 13 in his 100th game and then played him off the bench.

Hughes was the halfback in our last 'full strength' team (the last game where we had all our Origin players). He hasn't done anything to lose his position, and Croft hasn't don't quite enough to win it back. Obviously I can't do anything other than speculate, but I dont think Bellamy is a coach who picks on potential rather than form.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bullucked wrote:
yourhero wrote:

No way.
That'd be just plain evil!

With all the speculation of who will and won't be in the side surely the expected team do train together and practice their plays all together? They must, everybody has their own unique traits and capabilities and you can't just expect someone to step in and replace somebody else perfectly. Eg, Cameron Smith misses a game for whatever reason, all the forwards know his timing and run accordingly. Put someone else in to hooker and the timing of the runs becomes disjointed.

Sallymay / Cameron, got eyes on training, what's the scoop?
Lol yeah c'mon Cameron, what's happening at training yo?
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Like most teams in the comp, where it comes to playing certain teams, the public ain't interested.
But when ever clubs play the Storm, everyone wants to come out and see their club topple the best. And the opposition always play as if it's their Grand-Final when they the Storm.
So it's always a concern to play the Warriors on their home turf no matter who they put out to play us.

But for our sake I hope we will target Johnson, Blair and Green. And attack hard down our left edge.
I hope we really do a number on them. I really hope Tui gets to be apart of the team. I'm dubious over what Kenny is offering and producing on his last several outings.
Like most I think it's a no brainier, B.Smith is an automatic selection.

If I was Bellamy I would tinker with Kenny, keep Hughes in in place of Croft. If there was to be a sacrificial lamb for the bigger picture, I would also replace Hoffman.
In an ideal scenario I would for this one game in particular like to see room made for Vete and P.Kaufusi. Just food for thought :)
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Veterinary and P.Kaufusi not in the 21 so can't be played.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hoffman has to play against his old club.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Veterinary and P.Kaufusi not in the 21 so can't be played.
Autocorrect? Or trying out a new nickname for him? :lol:
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My new phone. How do I turn it off?
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought Kenny has been pretty good lately. I haven't been a fan of his in the past but I think he manages to hold down a spot over Joe at the moment.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agree, Kenny has played his most consistent month I reckon.