Smith/Slater/Cronk Story

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lucas wrote:
sallymay wrote:Parts of it are true but that doesn't need to come out
I'm keen to dismiss it all as tabloid nonsense but I'm afraid the old adage "where there is smoke there is fire" will no doubt ring true once again.

and this is the problem

People start believing it all as true..

When only those involved know the true story..
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:
Lucas wrote:
sallymay wrote:Parts of it are true but that doesn't need to come out
I'm keen to dismiss it all as tabloid nonsense but I'm afraid the old adage "where there is smoke there is fire" will no doubt ring true once again.

and this is the problem

People start believing it all as true..

When only those involved know the true story..
Yep so the parties involved have two options. Put up with the stuff that's not true being reported or go on the record and clear things up. I doubt we'll get the latter.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

And the Sydney Media loves to kick the boots into the Melbourne Storm

there is still a huge element of them who think we are unworthy.

in the AFL, the interstate teams are treated with respect.

in the narrow minded NRL, the only "non-traditional" state team is treated with total contempt.

hence the game of Rugby League will never grow.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:And the Sydney Media loves to kick the boots into the Melbourne Storm

there is still a huge element of them who think we are unworthy.

in the AFL, the interstate teams are treated with respect.

in the narrow minded NRL, the only "non-traditional" state team is treated with total contempt.

hence the game of Rugby League will never grow.
I try not to take the woe is us mentality.

Half the interstate AFL sides are owned by the AFL themself, so the dynamic is not comparable. My AFL side gets no love from the media or the governing body itself, so maybe I'm just used to it by now.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think it's just a salty journo kicking stones because no one at the club will talk to him. His only sources in any of his stories appear to be Alex McKinnon and Paul Gallen. If I'm Barb Smith I'm seriously considering suing this guy for libel.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

If you read Big League Front Row, allegedly Cameron Smith had an affair with Vonny Sampson and that caused the tension in his marriage with Barb.

It is all big time BS.

That is what the stories put about by Widdler, Rothfield and Kent are alluding too.

Three of the most unreliable jurnos of this or any age.

I think the funniest bit of it all is that Widdler's 'proof' that it is all true is that Smith won't return his calls.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:If you read Big League Front Row, allegedly Cameron Smith had an affair with Vonny Sampson and that caused the tension in his marriage with Barb.
::) Some sad c*nt makes a Facebook meme and it somehow gains traction because people want to believe it and discredit him...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kent and Rothfield look down their noses at regular RL fans - On NRL360 a week or so ago, they were making fun of regular fans that comment on RL on social media.

Yet these parasites (Weidler leading the charge) write "Woman's Day" click-bait, tabloid garbage stories without a single credible reference or source. Hypocrites of the highest order.

RL journalism has long been an embarrassment. These f*ckheads just aren't interested in, or capable of lifting the status quo.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

There is a specific agenda here. It is very candid and it is very mean.

Rothfield on Foxtel’s Controversy Corner last night said, the Cronk/Smith feud was the most clicked story that they have had in years. So naturally the so-called journalists are going to write worse and worse and worse stuff…

Just to get more clicks.

And that is the way the media is now. No one cares about the truth. All they want to write is stuff that is click bait for the casual reader in the internet.

The media has become a xxxx.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Slater’s comments from an Origin press conference. I will post his direct quotes only, as the rest is superfluous, opinion-piece fluff, as per usual.

“I’ve got no problems with Cam,” Slater said from the Maroons’ camp on the Gold Coast.

“Cam and I are fine, Cooper and I are fine.

“I’m not going to stand here and gossip about other people’s relationships. As far as I’m concerned, I’m OK with everyone.”

Slater refused to answer follow-up questions surrounding his relationship with Smith away from the football field.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Probably could have hosed it down more, but whatevs.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy couldn't have said it better

But as some one else said; whatever gets said just flames the fire.

Billy's comments are already front page click bait on the Daily Telegraph.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Headline "Billy Slater opens up on Cameron Smith fallout"

First line in the article "A tight lipped Billy Slater..."

That right there is clickbait at its finest!
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

steaming stormer wrote:Headline "Billy Slater opens up on Cameron Smith fallout"

First line in the article "A tight lipped Billy Slater..."

That right there is clickbait at its finest!
The only thing going for these so called "journos" is sometimes they can spell
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:If you read Big League Front Row, allegedly Cameron Smith had an affair with Vonny Sampson and that caused the tension in his marriage with Barb.

It is all big time BS.
Of course it's bullshit...

Vonny and I are engaged.