Hughes or Jacks or Croft at half back

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If all are fit, Slater at 1, Munster 6 , Hughes 7 would be my preference .
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Team of fullbacks and Smith would win everything.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just rewatched the game again

Can we keep all three of them in the team
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

G.O.A.T's praise for rising Storm star

melbournestorm.com.au
Fri 6 Jul 2018, 12:54 PM

The rapid rise of Jahrome Hughes has caught the attention of the NRL world.

On Thursday night the 23-year-old again set AAMI Park alights in a brilliant display at fullback to help lift Storm to a 52-30 win over the top of the table Dragons.

Since coming into the side six weeks ago against Manly, Hughes has rarely put a foot wrong, averaging just under 140 metres and more than 3 tackle breaks per game.

Storm skipper Cameron Smith did not hesitate to join the chorus of praise for rising star who was one of the best afield in the Dragons win.

"Over the last six weeks he has been one of our best and most consistent players to be quite honest," Smith said.

"Since he has come into the first grade side he has been outstanding. He played in the halves last week, been playing fullback while Billy has been away.

"He has got a big future ahead of him. Any opportunity he had to get between defenders he took it tonight."
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If the team defends sufficiently (and they didn't on Thursday) and they make enough meters with ball in hand why not have three, or even four halves? I think we were a constant threat in attack because the defence didn't know who was going to make the play. If I recall correctly, Croft set up Hughes and Hughes, Hughes set up Croft, Jacks set up the Hoff and Cam set up everybody, defenders won't know who to defend. It's a lot easier when it's only one very dominant half, thinking Cronk, Johns, Langer, Thurston etc. (Of course stopping them has been another matter!)
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

In my opinion it will come down to which of them is the best defender.

Bellyache said so in his post game interview.

As expected he was more worried about points against than for.
aussiestorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I am curious if all three are signed relatively long term to the Storm ie for the next 2-3 years? I am more concerned for Hughes & Croft (not so much Jacks) who I thought I read somewhere had some interest from a couple of other clubs.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croft and Hughes are signed until the end of 2020.
Ryley Jacks is off contract at the end of this year.

Brandon Smith is signed until the end of 2022!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes, Munster, Croft and Smith should be the spine over the next couple of years.

I think Ryley Jacks will seek an opportunity for a regular starting NRL spot elsewhere, but I could be wrong.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am honestly not sure he can get one in Australia.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair point. His best chances would be at;
- Manly
- Raiders
- Bulldogs
- Eels (if Moses goes)
- Tigers (if Marshall retires)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So talking to cam Munster at Christians BBQ the other night he said Bellamy wants to give them all an equal shot through the year and then pick it on form in the finals ....i guess each guy has pretty much each played an equal amount of games if jerhome plays the next few games

Cam Munster was really interesting to talk to..so different to how I thought he would be
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote:So talking to cam Munster at Christians BBQ the other night he said Bellamy wants to give them all an equal shot through the year and then pick it on form in the finals ....i guess each guy has pretty much each played an equal amount of games if jerhome plays the next few games

Cam Munster was really interesting to talk to..so different to how I thought he would be
Did you ask him when he is putting pen to paper?? I'm getting a tad nervous lol
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

He won the old boys man of the match and gave a speech in front of everyone and was pretty emotional
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote:
sallymay wrote:So talking to cam Munster at Christians BBQ the other night he said Bellamy wants to give them all an equal shot through the year and then pick it on form in the finals ....i guess each guy has pretty much each played an equal amount of games if jerhome plays the next few games

Did you ask him when he is putting pen to paper?? I'm getting a tad nervous lol
I kinda did and he kinda answered ...I can't remember what was being talked about I think it was how Kalyan pongas dad does all his talking for him (contracts and living arrangements ect) and we asked if he found his own place down here or his parents he said he moved out of home at 18 misses his parents heaps but it gives them an excuse to come down here for a holiday. He then said that the apartment the boys are in now might be sold soon so they might have to move out to which he said it was lucky I brought a house this year in Kew for when my parents come down for trips so we might move into there for the (his quote) next couple of years

So make of that what you will