Round 18 - Sea Eagles vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Funny with the penalty for deliberate offside - bunker were the only ones who actually got it right.

Refs missed it, commentators missed it, Manly coach and players don't seem to know the rule.
As soon as it was pointed out the refs penalised and the commentators went, "oh yeah, I see what you did there".
Manly still sooking, to the point where Barrett is going to demand an explanation from the NRL.
Manly still sooking... Isn't that their club motto?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Funny with the penalty for deliberate offside - bunker were the only ones who actually got it right.

Refs missed it, commentators missed it, Manly coach and players don't seem to know the rule.
As soon as it was pointed out the refs penalised and the commentators went, "oh yeah, I see what you did there".
Manly still sooking, to the point where Barrett is going to demand an explanation from the NRL.
TC when I watched that passage of play I instantly thought it was offside but then the refs didn't blow the whistle until after the play the ball.

Barrett demanding an explanation is in Manly's DNA. Geoff Toovey 'theres gotta be an investigation into this"
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How hard is it to understand? Accidental offside is where the ball contacts a player in an offside position who makes no attempt to play at it, e.g. it hits him in the back. The Manly player picked it up, therefore it's a penalty.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I must have watched a different game or just not noticed things but I am not sure why Barrett would be annoyed at the officials or the 50/50 calls that went our way. I do remember Manly getting a leg up to start the 2nd half after Jesse "dropped" the ball with hands all over it. They also got a penalty from Jake Turbo not playing the ball correctly.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

When you're in the position they're in you tend to focus on these things a little more.
When I saw the 24 man squad named I honestly could not find a player that didn't deserve a run. Every one of them was playing well enough. We are in a good position and will be at full strength soon enough for the run home. Great depth
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

bula wrote:When you're in the position they're in you tend to focus on these things a little more.
When I saw the 24 man squad named I honestly could not find a player that didn't deserve a run. Every one of them was playing well enough. We are in a good position and will be at full strength soon enough for the run home. Great depth
True, I thought Jesse did good to hang in there, not the Jesse we are all use to seeing. But I can't wait to see him get back into form.
Hoffman is neither here or there, great player but parts of his game is really starting to wane, passing and defensive decision making. But he's good, just need to minimise the errors and find consistant form.
Everyone are pushing for spots.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Is anyone else loving Kamikamica's runs at the moment? Could be Glasby's replacement next year I'm thinking.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote:Is anyone else loving Kamikamica's runs at the moment? Could be Glasby's replacement next year I'm thinking.
Definitely, you can see Kamikamica is so focused in eating up the metres, he's really got a good overall game for a front rower.
The team runs well with him in the side.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:We stole a game we had no part being in without our 5 origin players. It's as good a result as we could hope for.

Both Smiths, Glasby, and Hughes were phenomenal.
Agreed Blazza.

5 Origin players and Dale Finucane...all starting 13...

I love that Craig doesn't use injuries or absences as an excuse...it sets a great expectation for the team, but there is no doubt that playing without half a normal starting line up and 1/3 of an overall FG team is a handicap in high level professional sport.

Great effort by the boys who did play and from the Club overall...very proud to have won all of our Origin period games.

In other years...we would have loved it if we snagged one Origin period game...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:Did I hear during the game the commenters say Storm had taken Jacks new contract of the table?
i think they said Broncos had withdrawn an offer to Jack...but could have heard wrong
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Anyone else need to turn the commentary to mute? Putrid, biased, inflammatory and unprofessional.
it was on Mute very early...

the ridiculously Sydney centric biased commentary on Foxtel and Nein verges on fan support for any team that plays Melbourne.

It's shiteful and I dont chose to listen to it...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gaiscioch wrote:
Scott's pass to Suliasi was a real optical illusion, could of been called forward but what catches the refs off is that Suliasi is well behind Scott, so Suliasi runs onto the pass and Suliasi's feet are still behind where Scott pass the ball or best yet is now inline with him, just one of those line ball passes that could go either way.
The side line ref was in brilliant position absolutely in line with Curtis when he threw the pass.

Massively disrespectful for ANY commentator or Barrett to say the Ref got it wrong...
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Gaiscioch wrote:
Scott's pass to Suliasi was a real optical illusion, could of been called forward but what catches the refs off is that Suliasi is well behind Scott, so Suliasi runs onto the pass and Suliasi's feet are still behind where Scott pass the ball or best yet is now inline with him, just one of those line ball passes that could go either way.
The side line ref was in brilliant position absolutely in line with Curtis when he threw the pass.

Massively disrespectful for ANY commentator or Barrett to say the Ref got it wrong...
I thought the pass was fine. The line is right there, he throws it from the line and Suli catches it on the line
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw a front on angle of the pass and it came out backwards. Good no call for mine.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Is anyone else loving Kamikamica's runs at the moment? Could be Glasby's replacement next year I'm thinking.
I’m loving his defence even more. A number of times in the past two weeks, he has raced up into the ball carriers face as they received the ball, putting on strong shots... Completely changed the momentum in one of the sets last night.