Round 18 - Sea Eagles vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Freeze
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I hear a strange whining noise - It appears to be coming from the north somewhere - Sydney maybe around the (Wo)Manly area ?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Crofty was good too outside of that one weird pass that went nowhere. He's better when he runs the ball.
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:Crofty was good too outside of that one weird pass that went nowhere. He's better when he runs the ball.
He did play well, but can you leave Hughes out next week to accomodate him? Tough call
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah Croft was good. Not sure who gets the halfback jumper next week out of Croft and Hughes. I was keen for Croft to have it but Hughes is just electric in everything he does... don’t think I would leave him out. Lucky Craig is paid the big bucks to make these calls.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes is too good to leave out. Gotta find a way to make him in the number 7 jersey work.
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:Yeah Croft was good. Not sure who gets the halfback jumper next week out of Croft and Hughes. I was keen for Croft to have it but Hughes is just electric in everything he does... don’t think I would leave him out. Lucky Craig is paid the big bucks to make these calls.
It’s a huge call, the emergence of Hughes has made him impossible to drop, we know the other 3 spine positions are locked with Slater, Munster and Smith, it’s so important Bellamy gets this right, we’ve had so many combinations and while Hughes has been amazing he isn’t a genuine half similar to Munster, it’s a gamble not playing a true halfback so the game plan for the business end of the season may have to change, we all know Cam pulls the strings anyway and Billy ball plays now too, it’s a very very tough call for Bellyache.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Did I hear during the game the commenters say Storm had taken Jacks new contract of the table?
Monsoon
Monsoon

Another huge call is Hoffman/Stimson, I’ve liked what I’ve seen from Stimson and think he has a bit more to offer at the moment, these are the big decisions that need to be made

1. Slater
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Hughes/Croft/Jacks
8. J.Bromwich
9. C.Smith (c)
10. Asofa-Solamona
11. Kaufusi
12. Hoffman/Stimson
13. Finucane

14. B.Smith
15. K.Bromwich
16. Glasby
17. Welch

That #7 & #12 spot are the contentious ones, I’m for Hughes/Stimson, but Bellamy has persisted with Jacks/Hoffman almost all year, interesting times ahead.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think Hughes will be halfback next week. Stimson should be in the 2nd row with Kaufusi but I can’t see Bellamy dropping Hoffy. I just hope Brandon Smith keeps his bench spot when we’re back at full strength
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Anyone else need to turn the commentary to mute? Putrid, biased, inflammatory and unprofessional.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also, any news on Welch?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:Anyone else need to turn the commentary to mute? Putrid, biased, inflammatory and unprofessional.
Yep. I turned it off coming in to half time.
I really hate the fact that radio is on a different delay to Fox and Nein - ABC is easily the best commentary going around.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:
yourhero wrote:Yeah Croft was good. Not sure who gets the halfback jumper next week out of Croft and Hughes. I was keen for Croft to have it but Hughes is just electric in everything he does... don’t think I would leave him out. Lucky Craig is paid the big bucks to make these calls.
It’s a huge call, the emergence of Hughes has made him impossible to drop, we know the other 3 spine positions are locked with Slater, Munster and Smith, it’s so important Bellamy gets this right, we’ve had so many combinations and while Hughes has been amazing he isn’t a genuine half similar to Munster, it’s a gamble not playing a true halfback so the game plan for the business end of the season may have to change, we all know Cam pulls the strings anyway and Billy ball plays now too, it’s a very very tough call for Bellyache.
Yep, good points mate. A number of different factors to consider there and the timing is critical to settle on a best 17. Pending how the season plays out, we may well look back to this point right now (rightly or wrongly) and think, “we got it right”, or “what could have been”.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:Image

Lol I like it but it’s pribably a bit unfair at the same time. While we were clearly outplayed in the majority of the first half (and lucky to only 7 down) it wasn’t totally unexpected we lacked cohesion and a bit all over the place since we were missing Bill, Munster and Fox as well to babe a few.

That said besides the first 5 minutes or so in the second half we totally outplayed them and in fairness should’ve been ahead much earlier and maybe won a little bit more comfortably.

Who cares anyway, we got the job done with a decimated side against a bunch of scumbags/supporters in their own shithole. Payback’s a bitch
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well dome for Youngie

His last game before he goes away on his mission.

I love you Youngie

Thank you O0