Round 18 - Sea Eagles vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Haven't seen it even mentioned anywhere.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's predictable but it's absolutely rubbish that we haven't got any news on how the boys have backed up after origin.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

but the club takes the time to let us know we can buy a replica Slater origin jersey so... even steven no?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... vale-trip/

Billy unlikely for Brookvale trip

melbournestorm.com.au
Fri 13 Jul 2018, 10:49

Craig Bellamy has admitted Billy Slater will likely not play against Manly on Saturday.

The 35-year-old is expected to be managed off the back of another gruelling Origin series that saw him awarded his second Wally Lewis medal.

With a crucial run home to the season coming up the coaching staff will look to take a cautious approach with Slater.

"We're pretty sure Billy won't be playing but we will have to check on him," Craig Bellamy said.

"For Billy it was very emotionally draining for him. To play his last game up there and get the result that they got... it was a big occasion for him.

"He will probably sit out this week but hopefully he will be back next week."

None of Storm's six Origin stars will take part in Captain's Run in Melbourne this morning.

They will meet the side in Sydney later today before a call is made on their fitness.

"It might be tomorrow before we even know what we are doing," Bellamy said.

"We will probably be missing two or three to be quite honest, who they are at the moment I'm not too sure.

"It takes a lot out of you physically without a doubt with the pace of the game but probably the hardest thing, especially for younger guys playing early in their Origin careers, the emotional side takes a lot out of them."

"In my experience it takes them three to four weeks to come down from. Everyone is a little bit different but we will check on our guys throughout the day and go from there."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I imagine Slater and Munster will be rested but who knows...
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

It really is a big game for us

If we win this game, then top 4 is looking pretty good
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

DCE is in doubt to backup as well. So that would be a bonus for us
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes, DCE was in career best form on Wednesday night.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

DCE was solid but his performance has been overrated.

0 Try Assists
0 Line Break Assists

70% possession on the NSW line in the first half and couldn’t manufacture points.

The three repeat sets were great but he has to create more.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron continued hyperbole...

I thought DCE's kicking game was really impressive but he didn't do much else in general play. Did enough on the night to not lose it.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With Smith being fresh and playing I don't mind that a few of the other origin boys take the week off. Is an important game and one we can't afford to drop in the run to the finals. Hopefully we remember getting getting put to the sword at home by them a few months back.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater, Chambers, Addo-Carr and Munster are all out. 20 man squad lists Young at fullback and Stimson in centres. No way they line up like that. Hughes at full back surely. Olam comes onto extended bench but he might miss out again.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-la ... 9ee17909eb

STATE of Origin has taken its toll on the NRL with a number of clubs to rest key players in the wake of Wednesday’s series finale.
Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy all but confirmed champion fullback Billy Slater will sit out Saturday’ clash with Manly, and the Storm will also rest others.

“I think we’ll be missing two or three to be honest, but who they are I’m not 100 per cent sure,” Bellamy said on Friday.

“I’m pretty sure Billy won’t be playing but we’ll have to check on the rest of them.” Chambers, Addo Carr and Munster too.

Manly expects Tom and Jake Trbojevic to play against the Storm, but halfback Daly Cherry-Evans is in doubt.

“Cherry is probably sorer out of the three of them. The brothers are OK so they will play and we will wait on Chez,” coach Trent Barrett said.

But the Sea Eagles could lose Dylan Walker to a knee injury for the grudge match.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yeah I’m guessing Blair will go to centre, Young to the wing, Hughes to fullback, Croft to Halfback and Stimson to either 2nd row or bench
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Updated line-up;

20. Young Tonumaipea
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
17. Joe Stimson
4. Curtis Scott
18. Cheyse Blair
21. Ryley Jacks
7. Jahrome Hughes
8. Jesse Bromwich