Round 17 v Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:And I will never, ever get sick of giving it to Graham.

Dirty ear biting, Vaseline coated vermin.

And English.

And ginger to boot.
You forgot oversized baby who intimidates 5 foot nothing refs with his sidekick Klemmer and too unprofessional to ignore the crowd.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:

And English.

And ginger to boot.
You forgot oversized baby who intimidates 5 foot nothing refs with his sidekick Klemmer and too unprofessional to ignore the crowd.
I was at that end of the field when he came off in the first half and the crowd were ripping in to him. He wasn't happy. I loved it.

He's a grub and makes me ashamed to be a St. Helen's fan.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

LESStar58 wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:

And English.

And ginger to boot.
I was at that end of the field when he came off in the first half and the crowd were ripping in to him. He wasn't happy. I loved it.

He's a grub and makes me ashamed to be a St. Helen's fan.
He didn’t half give it back to the crowd either
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Anyone heard anything about Stimson's (I assume) thumb injury? Bit worried by thumb injuries given our record this season with them
Looked like a wrist injury to me but could be wrong.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our completion rate was high

that is what I like to see
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looking forward to watching the replay of this one over the weekend. Tough job picking a halfback for next week! Croft/Hughes and Jacks were all very good, particularly Hughes and Croft.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Each of them bring a specific skill set.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Defence was worrying at times - but when you break it down... 2 tries were off rubbish penalties, the concern there is we didn't have the attitude to defend a penalty, and one was a brilliant defensive play by Aitken to strip Croft after very solid first contact.

There were issues there, but we dug in for the most part, and have to respect the fact we were playing the top team, who were on top for a reason
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Good to see Youngie get carried off last night.

He has been alright

Good luck on your mission mate.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As much as Graham is a player everyone loves to hate... by god he's a good footballer. Tough as nails!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:As much as Graham is a player everyone loves to hate... by god he's a good footballer. Tough as nails!
Meh. He is so aggressive with the referees and visibly has a number of sooks per game. The fact that he bit a player and it is glossed over by virtually everyone associated with the game, astonishes me.

His forward pack weren't there and they really needed him to stand up. He delivered 6 Runs for 52 metres.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
steaming stormer wrote:As much as Graham is a player everyone loves to hate... by god he's a good footballer. Tough as nails!
Meh. He is so aggressive with the referees and visibly has a number of sooks per game. The fact that he bit a player and it is glossed over by virtually everyone associated with the game, astonishes me.

His forward pack weren't there and they really needed him to stand up. He delivered 6 Runs for 52 metres.
Not just that, the Vaseline incident has been ignored too
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The bite was disgraceful, and he was rightly suspended heavily for it (Internationals shouldn't have counted in my opinion), and he was blasted for it heavily throughout the media at the time.

It was 6 years ago though and certainly hasn't been repeated behaviour.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Why did Graham do it? Made him a thug rather than a footballer and he has never shaken it off imo.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:The bite was disgraceful, and he was rightly suspended heavily for it (Internationals shouldn't have counted in my opinion), and he was blasted for it heavily throughout the media at the time.

It was 6 years ago though and certainly hasn't been repeated behaviour.
The three practice games that were served p***ed me off more than the internationals.