Rep round

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

With Griffin making his rep debut this morning that means that 16/17 players from last year's premiership side are rep players. Only Curtis to go
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Match report on QRL website suggests Scott Drinkwater played well for Qld Residents today. A couple of Burleigh Bears injured , but no others mentioned, so hopefully our lads all got through unscathed.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Billy Walters also had a good one I hear.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They were down 30-0 at one point. Not sure if you should say anyone played well after that.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I watched the game and qld residents didn't show up the whole first half then they lost their 7 then they came out in the second half and lost the capt ...then 10 minutes in the second half Billy Walters and Scott drinkwater and Patrick kaufusi started playing their Easts tigers game and that's literally when their points started coming

Scott drinkwater said try was an exact replica of the try that won Easts tigers their game last week...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really good game of Origin last night. Sh*t result for QLD fans but the game itself was high quality, back and forward stuff.

I was OK with the penalty try. I am not convinced Boyd gets there for sure. He also took a world class soccer dive, but, meh.

The Holmes disallowed try was a rubbish call in my opinion. No way the video ref conclusively sees him out before grounding the ball. Not sure why the bunker even exists...
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: The Holmes disallowed try was a rubbish call in my opinion. No way the video ref conclusively sees him out before grounding the ball. Not sure why the bunker even exists...
I believe it was Gagai? But it was good to see that the tackling player was JAC. He is my favourite player this season just with the amount of effort and passion he plays with. The speedy breaks in open field are a nice touch, but the best thing about him is his effort on each play. His hitups are so powerful for someone his size because he just throws himself into the line.

And then on the other side of the field is Suli...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:
yourhero wrote: The Holmes disallowed try was a rubbish call in my opinion. No way the video ref conclusively sees him out before grounding the ball. Not sure why the bunker even exists...
I believe it was Gagai?
Apologies, yes... Gagai. This is the second time in two weeks that the Bunker have overruled the on-field refs decision without conclusive evidence.

New rule should be - go to the bunker, flip a coin and award or deny tries based on the outcome. Virtually the same result without the expectation of a correct call.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Danger D wrote:
yourhero wrote: And then on the other side of the field is Suli...
Suli and Will, the Dynamic duo, this week might be interesting...

The penalty try, for me, was there. I know the reason but don't agree with the lack of send off though. Now to stop all the running off the ball during normal game time, not just in try scoring positions.

Can anybody help, just before QLD scored their third try they were given a penalty when their winger was being dragged towards the sideline and passed the ball off the ground. Why / what was the reason?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surprised at no one in here complaining about anything :)

Munster and Slater were two of the best on field. Kaufusi solid as a rock. JAC showing why he's better than Suli. No other Storm player played imo. You're lying if you say otherwise.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I’ve heard a lot of people complaining about Chambers, but I thought he was good. Sure he had the bad kick at the end of the game but that’s it. He constantly got to the outside of Latrell. Got a try and a try assist, and should have had another assist. Ran over 100m. What more could you ask for?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He'll get blamed for the kicks which he just shouldn't do or be asked to do. The tackle on Maloney that gave away a penalty. He let Mitchell get to him more than he should.

His game is probably more suited to being on the wing in origin.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bullucked wrote:
Danger D wrote:
yourhero wrote: And then on the other side of the field is Suli...
Can anybody help, just before QLD scored their third try they were given a penalty when their winger was being dragged towards the sideline and passed the ball off the ground. Why / what was the reason?
Referee (I think it was Klein) had supposedly called 'Held' so the tackle was complete in the field of play even though neither the defending players or attacking player had realised this. I believe the advantage is always given to the attacking team in the instance of a simultaneous call of 'held'.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The penalty for the tackle on Maloney was ridiculous. It was a great tackle that should never have been penalised, even NSW fans say this. Latrell got 1 try over him (when nsw shouldn’t of even had the ball if not for a couple terrible calls from the refs), otherwise Chambers handled him pretty well I thought. He’s last kick was poor but he can get them right at times so I’ve got no problem with him kicking, and it wasn’t the worst kick of the night, QLDs kicking the whole game was poor, hopefully Hunt gets dropped for Ash Taylor for game 3.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After that effort, Hunt runs serious risk of having his Origin card stamped, “never to play again”. He can catch up with DCE for a beer and watch future games.

Atrocious game from Hunt. Absolutely atrocious. Virtually everything he touched, turned to mud.

I seriously doubt they will bring in Taylor though. Great young player but prone to his own deficiencies.