Rep round

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Yourhero you may think a test is a waste of time. However, for the players it is a great honour. I can see him playing 40 or 50 minutes on Sunday and I think it is unlikely that he will play next Friday.
I’m sure it is a great honour. I have no issue with the test itself and otherwise pretty supportive of ‘Rep Round’. My issue is the location, timing and how it came about.

Even then, I would still be supportive if it were a part of a strategic initiative by the NRL to grow the game internationally, rather than a rich promoter doing what he wants with our asset.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Scooter wrote:Yourhero you may think a test is a waste of time. However, for the players it is a great honour. I can see him playing 40 or 50 minutes on Sunday and I think it is unlikely that he will play next Friday.
I’m sure it is a great honour. I have no issue with the test itself and otherwise pretty supportive of ‘Rep Round’. My issue is the location, timing and how it came about.

Even then, I would still be supportive if it were a part of a strategic initiative by the NRL to grow the game internationally, rather than a rich promoter doing what he wants with our asset.
Fair call yourhero. Although if the growth of the game relied on the NRL it would still be the NSWRL.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Queensland Residents mate. You even named him in your opening post ;)
Haha, whoops
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Although if the growth of the game relied on the NRL it would still be the NSWRL.
Also a fair call, Scooter. My frustrations ultimately lay with the administration. So often it honestly feels like a house of cards... This billion dollar professional sport, unable to plan ahead, unable to grow the game, unable to even present a semi-professional image most of the time. Eh...

Best of luck to all the boys pulling on a rep jersey.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Welch is our only non-injured NRL roster prop not playing rep footy this weekend...
Welch has been called into the QLD camp, lol.

But in an “emerging Origin” capacity and to participate in opposed sessions. Would be a great honour for Welchy in its own right.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Suli has carried his terrible form into rep round. Everything he's done has been awful.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If there was ever a player who doesn't deserve a first grade spot it's him. He's not even close to being the player he was in his first season.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote:Suli has carried his terrible form into rep round. Everything he's done has been awful.
Deadset mud is Suli. Gasnier said pregame Suli is the best winger in the game lol. Marcelo Montoya who doesn't have half the talent Vunivalu or Hayne possess, was Fiji's best back based on effort alone.
Just quietly Tui Kamikamica was rubbish too.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Justin Olam off with a leg injury.
Suli was ... average at best.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sam Kasiano off with a leg injury inside 4 minutes for Samoa. Our forward pack looking paper thin for Friday night.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This is shaping as a very ugly weekend for the Storm. Four blokes playing today - 2 injured and the other 2 disappointing. I reckon we will all be holding our breath for the games overnight and tomorrow.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Do we have any money in the cap this year? Might need to go buy a prop.

8 Welch
9 Smith
10 Kenny
11 Hoffy
12 Felise?
13 Stimson

14 Brandon
15 Pat Kaufusi
16 Timm?
17 Geraghty?

Assuming Glasby and NAS don't play.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glasby is only on standby so I expect him to play for us.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Glasby will definitely play against the chooks, even if he plays Origin I expect he’ll back up. And I reckon NAS will play aswell
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we've said nobody would back up from Denver