Round 14 - Storm vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:We miss the 2nd least amount of tackles in the comp doofus.
lol
Monsoon
Monsoon

So you think our 3 boys missing 25 tackles last night isn’t concerning?
Monsoon
Monsoon

And to put that in perspective our entire 17 missed only 22 tackles in the 24-4 LOSS to Manly a few weeks back, 25 for 3 players is astronomical and almost unheard of anywhere in the comp no less the Storm
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

and it is a microcosm of our whole season where our list all think they are better than they actually are.

last year it was myopic attention to detail and effort.

this year, it is all sloppiness and someone else will do the hard work.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:
Yes that's literally what you can take away from my post.
Monsoon
Monsoon

blazza18 wrote:
1999 wrote:
Yes that's literally what you can take away from my post.
If you think 3 players missing 25 tackles in rugby league is ok then you need to learn the fundamentals of the sport. It’s appauling and for you to sweep it aside as if it’s not a problem shows your knowledge (or lack there of) of the game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is not what I have said at all and you're just making an argument for yourself.

Troll - miss tackles is why we've gone down hill this year.

Me - actually fact to show it is not the reason.

You - 25 missed tackles from 3 players is bad.

Me -

You - wow can't believe you don't think it's bad. You dumb.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not trying to down-play the issue at all, but the QLD boys were facing some of the best tackle breakers in the league:
Tedesco 57 (3rd in league)
Trbojevic 49 (6th)
Addo-Carr 48 (7th)
Mitchell 48 (7th)
Cook 41 (13th)
Roberts 41 (13th)
Peachey 41 (13th)

NSW played very expansive football which meant that a number of 'missed tackles' were from NSW players engaging the line making contact with a defender then retreating and moving sideways looking for another opening. This is still bad, but it doesn't mean the tackle breaks necessarily led to a line break which is what you really don't want from a missed tackle situation.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And while bad, those three players doing it in an origin game means nothing to the Storm's performances this season.

If they miss 20 tackles in a Storm jersey then have at it.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:And while bad, those three players doing it in an origin game means nothing to the Storm's performances this season.

If they miss 20 tackles in a Storm jersey then have at it.
This. The missed tackles in Origin has no relevance to the Storm performances this year, which was the assertion made.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm pumped that Chambers sits out this game and hopefully more to come. How he is picked for the rep teams (let alone Storm) is a complete and utter mystery, given he is a complete and utter dud (i cite his schoolboy dropped ball that started the NSW charge and the 10 missed tackles). "Someone get Queensland Reds on the blower."
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Kettles it is good to hear someone else thinks like me. I do not understand how it is meant to be the best centre in the game. Last night at the game when he dropped the first ball. I said quite loud "Chambers is a waste of space" The women and teenage son both Queensland and Storm supporters said I agree with you. The three Queensland and Broncos supporters behind also said I was so right. Then as he continued to make bad choices/mistakes I kept saying it. By the end of the night the whole row of Queensland supports in from of me were saying it.

Maybe there is hope that everyone will stop believing it. Or maybe there could be hope he starts to play better. He better not play in game two
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

This is no recent phenomenon, glennb. I have been fiercely scathing of this bloke ever since he refused to dish off any sort of a pass a few years ago. Plenty of people here will attest to that. I have been batting off their pro-Chambers comebacks for a long while. Maybe now the penny has dropped and they too realise he is holding down a spot (god know why) that would be better served by an up an comer. When is Cheyse ready to claim the number 3 jersey? Chambers is more often a liability than anything else. He does possess flashes of real brilliance, but they are few and far between.

I've not always been critical of him, in fact, I used to love the guy - but that was years ago. Same with Hoffman. Move 'em on - both of them.
Has anyone got Queensland Reds' number??
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Queensland Reds
Street Address
231 Butterfield St
Herston
Qld 4006

Postal Address
PO Box 3458
Newmarket,
Qld 4051

t: 1300 753 733
e: reception@redsrugby.com.au
Juniors: (+61 7) 3354 9340

Seniors: (+61 7) 3354 9309
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Give em a buzz for me please and ask em if they’ll take Australia, Maroons and Storm star, Chambers back to their club. I’m sure we could also pay his 2019 salary upfront.