Round 14 - Storm vs Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Olam might have got a run at centre this week.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Still could
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't see the point in playing YT again given we have two good replacements
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bula wrote:I don't see the point in playing YT again given we have two good replacements
Agree
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Time for Croft to return. Jacks was doing an OK job but had some bad moments against the Cows.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will be extremely disappointed if Croft doesn't come in this week.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It wouldn't surprise me if Croft come in and Jacks to 6 because after last years SOO with Cam Munster absolutely dominating that he'll be subject to significant attention requiring a week off.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Maybe Chambers might be having / needing / being asked to have a rest this week, maybe to go back to passing to the man on the outside school.
Monsoon
Monsoon

In a rather embarrassing stat for our storm representatives tonight, 3 of our boys topped the missed tackle count in Origin 1 ... Chambers with 10, Munster 8 and Kaufusi 7, I’ve gotta say 25 tackles missed between 3 players is appalling especially from our club, in fact last year Bellamy would have been ropeable if the whole 17 missed that many tackles in a game combined, not too sure what to make of it, we haven’t been great at defending at club level either this year, Bellyache better fix it fast before it gets out of hand, wouldn’t be surprised to see Fusi and Chambers rested against the Broncos.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chambo probably having a rest because of his dirty knee tactics in SoO. 90 points charged and I presume he has some carry over points to worry about.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm sick of Chambers anyway. Never passing, always kicking. Get rid of this guy
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster was one on one with Frizell a fair bit early. Chambers and Kaufusi had communication issues all night and were carved up by the speed of some of the NSW players. Chambers has gone full gronk this season. Been hugely disappointing.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 wrote:In a rather embarrassing stat for our storm representatives tonight, 3 of our boys topped the missed tackle count in Origin 1 ... Chambers with 10, Munster 8 and Kaufusi 7, I’ve gotta say 25 tackles missed between 3 players is appalling especially from our club, in fact last year Bellamy would have been ropeable if the whole 17 missed that many tackles in a game combined, not too sure what to make of it, we haven’t been great at defending at club level either this year, Bellyache better fix it fast before it gets out of hand, wouldn’t be surprised to see Fusi and Chambers rested against the Broncos.
in a nutshell you have identified why we have gone backwards this year.

Missed tackles.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We miss the 2nd least amount of tackles in the comp doofus.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

the important ones are being missed for sure.

and our tackling is hugely down on last year.