Billy Slater - Rep Retirement

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's just amazing at 35 he can still shine at the highest level. Just my opinion he is the best player I have seen. Now the majority of his career I never considered him the best player in the game at the time but take everything into account and I put him on top. For sheer consistency, persistence and hard work you can't go past him.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Qld were the better team this series imo. NSW won game 2 on the back of goal kicking but QLD were better. QLD were way better in game 3. Game 1 was pretty even but NSW got on top towards the end of the game (with a couple forward pass tries)
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Congrats to NSW for the series win but like Mr. Pool I felt that Qld was the better team. For 1. Retirements of the QLD 6,7 and 9 II. More Injuries. III. NSW Forward passes that achieved maximum results in game 1. Iv. Gifted a penalty try in game two and suffered a loss in game 3. IMO I'm sort of feel the start of a NSW is maybe the NSW media going a bit early. I suggest that unless NSW wins are much more decisive next year or Fittler will go down in legend as the "Steven Bradbury " of origin coaching.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Agree with above posts. QLD should have won Game 2 on the back of the disallowed Gagai try which I believe was overturned with insufficient evidence.