Billy Slater - Rep Retirement

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy set to hang up the boots for rep footy as at the end of this Origin series

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ve-career/
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A great rep career - a very much expected announcement given I suspect he'll be hanging up his purple boots at the end of the year also
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thanks for the memories Billy!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Perfectly timed to add some motivation to the team before game one.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Billy GOAT

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/29/bil ... ds-greats/

Certainly the best fullback I have ever seen. Almost certainly the best of the modern (post 60s) era. Arguably - from plenty of people who know more than me - the best fullback ever.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:A great rep career - a very much expected announcement given I suspect he'll be hanging up his purple boots at the end of the year also
My thoughts too but if that’s the case I’d have thought that announcing rep retirement seperate is a bit redundant. From what I can tell there wouldn’t be many rep opportunities after SoO. I think he will go around once more and Cam to go the year after
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is trying to motivate the Maroons.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

A great rep career - a very much expected announcement given I suspect he'll be hanging up his purple boots at the end of the year also

My thoughts too but if that’s the case I’d have thought that announcing rep retirement seperate is a bit redundant. From what I can tell there wouldn’t be many rep opportunities after SoO. I think he will go around once more and Cam to go the year after
I actually with Nacho on this question. If possible, I think that Billy will exit end of next year with Goat only if Billy's hamstrings are up to the job otherwise I can see 2018 as the retirement. Maybe Billy runs too fast , who knows?
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

William Slater playing on will depend on the rest of the year and Bellyache's decision and if we get a new coach and any possible injuries and a few other things like family.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:William Slater playing on will depend on the rest of the year and Bellyache's decision and if we get a new coach and any possible injuries and a few other things like family.
Oh OK thanks.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:William Slater playing on will depend on the rest of the year and Bellyache's decision and if we get a new coach and any possible injuries and a few other things like family.
Speaking of Billy GOATS, did you know that trolls live under bridges?
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lucas wrote:
Oh OK thanks.
So Billy will consider all things before making a decision. Thanks scoop!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the fact Billy said he will retire from representative football at the end of the season proves he will play on next year.

Else he would have just waited to the end of the season and retired from all rugby league.

Billy will play exclusively for the Melbourne Storm next year.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Just bumping this thread to note that Billy will captain the Maroons in his final game for them. I hope they manage to send him out as a winner. Congrats Billy!