Round 12 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:Or his glaring defensive lapses which don’t show in the Errors stats column.

Letting Uate get on his outside whilst the Sea Eagles were shorthanded, was unforgivable.
A simple word from Cooper Cronk used to make everybody accountable defensively.

That is what we are missing. Coopers organisation and intellectual property on the field.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, Cronk controlled everything for the attack and was our most dominate play caller. It's not a shock we've struggled without that. Did expect Croft to at least do his part, but instead looked overwhelmed in his responsibilities.

Good point on the defence too. Chamber' is having imo his worst year defensively in a while. There's not much communication out there.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

They are all playing as individuals.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Croft was overwhelmed in his responsibilities. But I think that was because he was young and did not think he should control Smith and more experienced players. Jacks does control a little better, but he still do not control over Smith, where as Cronk did. I like Jacks but really does not do anything more than is needed.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Defensive organisation wise, Cronk is irreplaceable.

Its more about having control over Billy Slater on the offense.

Billy is talented but haphazard and can be all over the place. When he gets the ball and tries to overplay; he brings panic to the whole side.

Cronk used to organise it so Billy knew where he should be on most plays. Thus there was no panic and everyone could feed of their moves.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli has been horrible all year. Since they named him in the 20 year squad, I said it was wrong and he needed another year or 2 before he should have been considered. This year shows he's not worthy of being in that team.
His confidence is totally shot, he needs to go back to Q Cup and earn his spot back.

I also agree he's missing Cronk, but that verifies my thoughts that he was made to look good enough to be in the 20 year squad. Great finisher, but he benefited from a kicking game.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Team -

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Young Tonumaipea
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Ryley Jacks
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Nelson Asofa Solomona
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Joe Stimson
13. Dale Finucane

14. Brandon Smith
15. Tim Glasby
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Sam Kasiano
18. Jahrome Hughes
19. Christian Welch
20. Pat Kaufusi
21. Justin Olam
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good to have Jesse back. Can't say I'm overly excited to see Young named in the centres. Or that Croft has been dropped completely. Maybe Kasiano starts playing well this week.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Interesting.

Welch dropped.
Hoffman injured or dropped?
Croft not even in the 21.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffman out of the list totally surprised me!

Very glad to see Jesse back, hopefully he comes back in and rips in to find some form. We definitely need his go forward, it's been severely missed this year in our pack. (not just him!)
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

No Hoffman. Praise the gods
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Unfortunately Hoffman is only getting rested.

Doubling down on Jacks again is just odd. Hasn't been credited for a try or line break assist since round 6. The right edge needs a spark and he's not the solution.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good call Blazza... Jacks hasn't been demanding his spot, but I can only assume Croft hasn't been either with Q Cup/training form.

I would like to see both of them behind a pack that wins the battle to see who looks better. Croft against Leeds was outstanding, whereas our pack I think have lost more battles this year than we've won
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am sorry to Croft not named at all. Maybe he is injured. Welch might also have an injury because I was told he did not play any of the second half last week. I could be wrong I never saw the game. Why can Blair not be in the centres, he is playing in Q cup.

Also, I got the impression at last weeks press conference from Craig that charges were going to happen. Maybe Hoffman is one of those.
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I may have missed something but I thought Young had a hamstring issue