Round 12 - Cowboys vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Friday 25th May
7:55pm
1300 Smiles Stadium

Battle of the underwhelming 2017 Grand Finalists...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will get Smith and Kasiano back. Should get Jesse back also. Huge inclusions. Will see either Young T or Justin Olam get a shot in the left centre spot.

I wonder when Suli gets back from his off-season holidays?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

We need Jesse back more then anything I think (obviously not including Smith), our forward pack has been underperforming lately.

I wonder what Storm team is gunna show up. Fun fact, only once when we’ve won have we not scored more then 30 points. And that’s was 28 points. And only once when we’ve lost have we scored more then 10 points, that was only 14
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: I wonder when Suli gets back from his off-season holidays?
I would seriously consider dropping Suli. I've been a defender of his on this site in the past but his efforts on Saturday were woeful. Some time in reserve grade may help him get the appreciation for the game back.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes has GOT to play somehow somewhere in this team
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If Suli is dropped (but I don't think it will happen), who goes onto his wing. Young with Olam in the centre?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Suli is missing Cronk the most I think. He’s not getting the opportunities like he was in years past. Jacks isn’t creating enough in my opinion and the last few weeks it’s been really noticeable.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli has not been good for awhile. Wouldn't hurt to just chuck Hughes on the wing.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Deadpool wrote:Suli is missing Cronk the most I think. He’s not getting the opportunities like he was in years past. Jacks isn’t creating enough in my opinion and the last few weeks it’s been really noticeable.
Spot on Deadpool

How many times this season have we got the ball to Suli, one on one with the try line beckoning, or kicked it to him in the corner?

We just haven't utilised his great skill set very well.

Suli feeds off the creating of others. No creation then no Suli brilliance.

instead he is acting and playing like an extra forward in defence.

Just bringing the ball back.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:
Deadpool wrote:Suli is missing Cronk the most I think. He’s not getting the opportunities like he was in years past. Jacks isn’t creating enough in my opinion and the last few weeks it’s been really noticeable.
Spot on Deadpool

How many times this season have we got the ball to Suli, one on one with the try line beckoning, or kicked it to him in the corner?

We just haven't utilised his great skill set very well.

Suli feeds off the creating of others. No creation then no Suli brilliance.

instead he is acting and playing like an extra forward in defence.

Just bringing the ball back.
Cameroon.....That may be the most sensible thing you've said yet on The Bai Stand.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't mind seeing Cheyse Blair back if he's available.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Agreed he's not getting as many opportunities so far this year but in saying that, several of the ones he has had he's just made some dumb errors like dropping the ball cold. I love Suli but a spell in the magoos would do him the world of good I reckon just to0 get his confidence back ion nothing else which to me it looks like he's lacking.

Quiet patches happen to every single player at one time or another and Suli is not different. It wouldn't hurt Hom at all and I've no doubt he'll come back better than ever. Would love nothing more than for him to get a hat trick against the Cows and prove me wrong though :-D
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't think missing Cronk has caused Suli's 17 errors this year - equal 4th highest in the league.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Or his glaring defensive lapses which don’t show in the Errors stats column.

Letting Uate get on his outside whilst the Sea Eagles were shorthanded, was unforgivable.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

While we are missing a Cronk the halfback a bit. I think where we are missing him the most is his organization, instructions and calming down of the players. I think Suli in missing that part of Cronk's game. Also, a lot of other players are missing that too.