Cameron Smith - Rep Retirement

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Phil Gould now saying that Billy Slater will retire from rep footy before the end of the 2018 Origin series. Slater will apparently see that Kalyn Ponga’s form is too irresistible and that Ponga has now gone past him.

What a disrespectful, sh*tty thing to say... This fat toad is just too bitter to be in the media.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bitter because he was never that good.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Gus is the one who needs to retire and let someone else take his spot
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Phil Gould now saying that Billy Slater will retire from rep footy before the end of the 2018 Origin series. Slater will apparently see that Kalyn Ponga’s form is too irresistible and that Ponga has now gone past him.

What a disrespectful, sh*tty thing to say... This fat toad is just too bitter to be in the media.
he's a slothful, fat ignorant lima lima lima duck c&nt...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The media hype around Ponga is unbelievable right now.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The most capped Maroon and Kangaroo.

Captained 2 World Cup wins.

Won 11 Origin series and captained 6 of them.

If you're gonna go out, make sure you go out on top.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Phil Gould now saying that Billy Slater will retire from rep footy before the end of the 2018 Origin series. Slater will apparently see that Kalyn Ponga’s form is too irresistible and that Ponga has now gone past him.

Ponga is going to be an absolute super star but he couldn't carry Billy's jockstrap in a suitcase right now.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

steaming stormer wrote:
sallymay wrote:I hadn't brought tickets yet..now I think I'll just watch on tv
So you only watch origin for one player? It's still the pinnacle of Rugby League, and we get one game every 3 years at best here in Melbourne to enjoy live! Get there and cheer on the Maroons! (hopefully!) - we'll still have a number of boys playing to enjoy, likely Munster, Slater, Fox, Glasby (might keep his spot), possibly Kafusi, Curtis Scott being touted potential, Dale would be close..

No I hadn't brought tickets cause I didn't have the money and was saving up for the tickets doesn't mean I don't want to...now they put out cheap tickets I might try snap one up today but I'm not going out of my way to get it quickly
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

They will hand out SOO tickets for free or below cost price come game time...

like they always do in Melbourne
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote: This fat toad is just too bitter to be in the media.
Amen to that.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sport has become less about the game and more about the media sensationalisation of the surrounding soap opera.

Gould is feeding his constituency which is New South Wales people

He doesn't care about Melbourne or Queensland.

But the fact he is on Channel 9 and about 10 different podcasts makes people listen to his redneck comments.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The media agenda drives the NRL's very short term direction. Always has. Always will.

You give complete sh*tstains like Gould and Rothfield a platform, you can expect bias and idiotic dribble to come out. The average NRL fan is too stupid to search out information and take an objective view, they will just eat up whatever fits their preconceived narrative.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/origin ... 3652b2e318

Premier hints at bronze statue of Cameron Smith outside Suncorp
Trenton Akers
The Courier
MAY 17, 2018

ANNASTACIA Palaszczuk has hinted she is open to immortalising Queensland great Cameron Smith with a bronze statue outside Suncorp Stadium in light of his representative retirement. But he’s not the only one she has in mind. VOTE IN OUR POLL.

Speaking in State Parliament on Tuesday morning, Ms Palaszczuk said she was keen to hear from Queenslanders regarding the issue, following Smith’s announcement yesterday.

“Perhaps it’s time we saw some more bronze statues outside of Suncorp Stadium,” she said.

“I want to hear from the fans, should it be Cameron, JT or Alfie? Perhaps it should be all three.

“Tell us what you think and we’ll get the ball rolling.”

Ms Palaszczuk said Smith’s retirement was a “blow” for Queensland but she was confident there would be another player to fill the void.

“If Origin has taught us one thing, it’s when all looks lost, there’s always another Queenslander to take the ball through the gap and up to the try line,” she said.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Daniel Andrews should beat them to the punch here and get it sorted outside AAMI Park.

Some will say wait until he is retired... To that I say "who cares". Do you honestly think in the reflection of his retirement that Cameron Smith will still not be regarded as one of, if not the very player to ever pull on a boot? If anything, his legend will just continue to grow.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes; if he is immortalised at Suncorp before Aami it will be an indictment on our whole state

get it done; Storm hierarchy...