Round 11 - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Saturday 19th May
7:35pm
AAMI Park

After some very average games, Mongly aren't travelling as badly as some would think. In the last three weeks they have;
- Lost to the Knights by 6
- Lost to the Roosters by 2 (the same Roosters who just flogged the Warriors 32-0)
- Beat the Broncos by 14 (putting 38 points on them in total)

Now it would really be great if we can get back to where we were a couple of weeks ago and play some good footy. Games with 10+ errors and 10+ penalties combined are never going to be easy.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Manly were pretty good against the Broncos. Their forward pack is something we'll need to watch out for. Api Koroisau is also capable of splitting us up the middle if they get roll on through the ruck.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forward pack does their job we should win this one.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Depth in the front row is an issue for us this week... If a young Storm prop ever wanted to put his hand up and be noticed, this is the game (noting NAS did just that last week).
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

If Cameron Smith is out; we will lack experience.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Manly were trying to rush a deal through to get Hodkinson on their books immediately, to play in this game.

In true Shane Flanagan form, he shot that down and refused to release Hodkinson. He has always held the line on contract terms. Refuses to release players for an NRL opportunity elsewhere/refuses to upgrade player contracts. Obviously he is well within his rights to do that and doesn't have to do what other clubs do. I just find it interesting.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

yourhero wrote:Manly were trying to rush a deal through to get Hodkinson on their books immediately, to play in this game.

In true Shane Flanagan form, he shot that down and refused to release Hodkinson. He has always held the line on contract terms. Refuses to release players for an NRL opportunity elsewhere/refuses to upgrade player contracts. Obviously he is well within his rights to do that and doesn't have to do what other clubs do. I just find it interesting.
I don't like Flanno at all but I completely agree with his position. If Manly wanted Hodko they should have signed him in the preseason. The club is a basket case and I hope they fold and relocate to Perth or the Central Coast. Manly supporters are also the worst (followed closely by bulldogs rabble).
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Please, please, please I don't want to lose to these clowns.

They still have a 40-0 sign up at each game from 2008.

Get over yourselves. Your not that good or that smart. And all your premierships should be taken off you as well.
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

So with Cam out this week, does this mean that Billy Slater will captain the storm for the first time?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Most likely. Either him or Dale would be logical captains.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

What about the Hoff?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:If Cameron Smith is out; we will lack experience.
What?! Are you telling me we don't have another 370 game hooker ready to replace him? Oh no.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought Jesse was back this week. If Jesse is back he is captain. Always is when Smith is not there.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2 points on that I guess.

1 - Billy's usually not there either so might be preferred anyway.

And 2. Jesse is apparently not back for another week anyway.

However, if he is in, it would seem prudent in terms of future years to make him captain if he is indeed the annointed one to take over from the GOAT.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope he doesn't captain the team in the future.