Round 11 - Storm vs Sea Eagles

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Itzbek the Purple wrote:You ban Cameron and he'll just come back under another alias (whatever happened to tigerr). What the site may need is an ignore button.
=D> =D> =D>
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Manly cheated. Cheats
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How could they sign Hodgkinson too. Salary cap not finalised. Total crap.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Let's leave "Cameron" and his opinions alone, we all have them remember and concentrate on the performance (or lack thereof) of the team.

For me, timing of all our plays was atrocious, it appears we don't even train together. What I guess probably happens is we train with the GOAT at all times and then expect different Hookers to slot into his position. I'm sorry folks, everybody is different and everybody throws a pass at a different rate. Couple this with the new play the ball interpretations, which I'm sure we haven't come to terms with all year and we present as a disjointed uncohesive unit.

Halves always struggle when forwards are not going forwards. Somebody will throw up the stats but I reckon our forwards would've made less metres than the Manly backs and our hitups were totally ineffective, no 'bending' of the defensive line.

Dylan Walker, not sure where to start with this offensive individual. In the referees face all night (he's not the captain is he?) and eventually getting under our players skins. Inexcusable what Kurt did and Will should probably shown a bit more leadership in this regard, especially since he's a past master of the niggle. (Anyone know exactly what led to the cut lunches coming out?)

The only control the ref's had over this match was when they blew the whistle to start each half, poor performance.

Problems seem systemic at the moment and answers don't look imminent.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Walker was after Scott from early on. We could see him pointing Scott out and miming what he was going to do to whoever the centre for Manly was in the first half.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Terrible game, both from the playing group and officials group. Something has to be done about the sin bin stuff up but I doubt anything will. How the hell did Curtis Scott get sent off but Api Korisau?? only get 10 in the bin for his dog shot? Would love to know what Walker said to make Scott whack him.

Now, the ball handling the last few weeks have been disgraceful. And the most frustrating thing is that the majority of they are unforced schoolboy errors. Manly scoring 2 tries while being a man down is inexcusable. Some players need a real wake up call

How the Trbojevic try was given is beyond me. Should of been a penalty to the Storm.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:Terrible game, both from the playing group and officials group. Something has to be done about the sin bin stuff up but I doubt anything will. How the hell did Curtis Scott get sent off but Api Korisau?? only get 10 in the bin for his dog shot? Would love to know what Walker said to make Scott whack him.

Now, the ball handling the last few weeks have been disgraceful. And the most frustrating thing is that the majority of they are unforced schoolboy errors. Manly scoring 2 tries while being a man down is inexcusable. Some players need a real wake up call

How the Trbojevic try was given is beyond me. Should of been a penalty to the Storm.
The try was awarded because not even JAC would have caught him even if Hodgkinson didn’t jump on the player.

Was it me or were we down one forward rotation in second half? No Welch. I wonder why? We can’t really afford more injuries in our forwards.

I must say we were absolutely diabolical. Can’t hang on to the ball, wasting field position, and coach killing penalties. It is truly a frustrating brand of footy to sit through lately.

Now I know when cam leaves we could hopefully recruit a senior player to fill the leadership void, but in the meantime we need someone to step up. Chambers is useless as he’s always barking at other players trying to start fights - and I think billy lets the moment get the better of him. No one holds themselves steady like cam, we need that mentality
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote: The try was awarded because not even JAC would have caught him even if Hodgkinson didn’t jump on the player.

Was it me or were we down one forward rotation in second half? No Welch. I wonder why? We can’t really afford more injuries in our forwards.

I must say we were absolutely diabolical. Can’t hang on to the ball, wasting field position, and coach killing penalties. It is truly a frustrating brand of footy to sit through lately.

Now I know when cam leaves we could hopefully recruit a senior player to fill the leadership void, but in the meantime we need someone to step up. Chambers is useless as he’s always barking at other players trying to start fights - and I think billy lets the moment get the better of him. No one holds themselves steady like cam, we need that mentality
If still shouldn’t of been awarded a try. The infringement happened before the try was scored. Trbojevic was not that far from Finucane when Hodkinson jumped on him and it should have been a penalty for interfering with the defence regardless of whether he would of got there or not, he was denied any opportunity.

Also I think everyone is being incredibly harsh on Chambers. I actually thought he was one of our better players, the whole team played sh!t tho The only player I think that can hold the head up after that game is Harry Grant.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I've been to many storm games before and that was the first time I've ever asked out before full time. Shit performance all round. And manly are back in my bad books. Their supporters are garbage human beings.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
Cameron wrote:Bellamy must go

He has no control
Last one mate.
If you don't do it I will.
Utha
Squall
Squall

Origin better be good (even if NSW win), because the club competition has been absolute garbage this season.

#TalkTheGameUp ? Are you freaking kidding me, Mr Greenberg?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I knew manly were gonna win the game so I'm not surprised to be honest ...I am surprised about Curtis though...wonder what was going on his Head either way he will be out for a longgggggg time I heard tonight proberly 6/8 weeks

On the plus side Congrats to Harry Grant on debuting I know we lost but at least he got a chance

And we get Cam back next week and he is fresh and Sam Kas

Onward and upward...or at least sideways for a bit...it can't get any worse
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scott should only get a week, 2 at the most. But I would not be surprised at all if the NRL decided to “set an example” and give him more
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Whatever Scott gets it should be the same for korisau. He should have been sent off for the game as well.
Is it just me that's sick of the players talking about "holding the ball" and "respect for the footy" in the media and then coming out and playing so sloppy? Slater and Hoffman should be leading by example and both had some really ordinary moments with the ball in hand. So disappointed with the boys tonight.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The hunger really isn't there this year and most of the team is just half assing it. We've got no one in the forward pack who constantly breaks the line and gets us on the front foot and even when we do start to get a roll on someone makes a basic error. Team also has no direction from the halves. Munster's been more good than bad but he needs someone to control things inside him. We've asked way too much of Slater because of this.

Chambers' decision making on both sides of the ball hasn't been good this season. He finally deserves some critisism.