Round 10 - Storm vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Cameron wrote:I'm not going to argue with you
What happened to this?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... t-bellamy/

Titans up for the fight: Bellamy
melbournestorm.com.au
Wed 9 May 2018

Craig Bellamy does not have to think back far to be reminded of the ability of the Titans to hang in the contest.

This same fixture 12 months ago the Gold Coast came from the clouds to score two late tries and defeat Storm 38-36 in last year's Double Header.

The 74-point thriller was one of the games of the 2017 season and if Saturday is half as good, fans at Suncorp Stadium are in for one hell of a show.

The Titans may be on a four-game winless run however they showed signs last week there is that same fighting spirit that caused Storm plenty of headaches last year.

"Watching their game against the Raiders, I thought they hung in there really well," Bellamy said.

"They lost two of their best forwards at the start of the game, then they lost another guy 10 minutes into the second half and another guy with 15 minutes to go, they had no one on the bench and still scored the last try of the game.

"That is one trait the Gold Coast have had the last couple of years, their effort is consistently very good."

As for the fitness of Curtis Scott, the 20-year-old is in line for a return from the ankle injury that ruled him out of Sunday's clash with the Dragons.

In the eyes of the coach the equation is simple for Scott to guarantee his selection.

"He just needs to get through training," Scott said

"He probably won't do all of the session today but he will do part of it and we will see how he pulls up tomorrow.

"If he pulls up fine we will take him up for Captain's Run but if he can't get through today he won't be playing."
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hopefully Scott is OK but I doubt they will risk him. If he doesn't look great today, Olam will come in again.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Croft and Kamikamica drop out
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Be nice to see Pat Kaufusi play I have a feeling he will.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

1 - 17 as per tuesday
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I should have put a hundred on the Titans.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good start but then just turned to crap. Titans playing all over us. Ash Taylor’s kicking is really hurting us. The boys need a real kick up the arse
Monsoon
Monsoon

Pathetic, these boys don’t care this year, we will be also-rans with this attitude. This titans team is a reserve grade quality side, Billy Slater having another shocker, our forwards non existent particuarlly the edges, outside backs doing no meaningful work, only Jacks and Munster are earning their pay tonight. Cant see us coming back from this, a loss to the Titans at this point of our season will hurt, these boys need to fire up and show some pride.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We're asking Slater to do more play making this season and when he isn't on the attack goes to shit. He's always had poor errors in his game and having the ball in his hands even more just makes it worse.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy's my favourite player of all time but man he's way off his best lately. Again Jacks offering nothing in attack I'd like to see Cam Smith moved to halfback and Brandon to hooker.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jacks doesn’t have a chance to play halfback because Slater keeps jumping in trying to be every position on the field, Jacks had some nice touches when he got his hands on the ball, but keeps getting over ruled by Billy.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Jacks might be in a bit of trouble for being on his phone. Looks like Stimson playing in the halves now, surprised it’s not one of the Smiths
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy Slater is abysmal, someone needs to tell him he isn’t wearing #7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hoffman needs to retire.