Round 10 - Storm vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:This game cannot come quick enough. I have to get the sour taste of that performance out of my mouth as soon as possible.

I just hope it is replaced with a better taste...
it will be replaced by the taste of Storm Pride
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Team named;

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Ryley Jacks
8. Christian Welch
9. Cameron Smith ©
10. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Dale Finucane

14. Brandon Smith
15. Kenny Bromwich
16. Joe Stimson
17. Sam Kasiano

18. Brodie Croft
19. Tui Kamikamica
20. Pat Kaufusi
21. Justin Olam
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Does anyone know much about the five-eighth the Titans have named? Alexander Brimson.

Bryce Cartwright back to the bench too. He’s copped a lot of criticism for his play lately - particularly his defence which would have been a good target for Chambers, Kaufusi and Vuninvalu. Konrad Hurrell’s also been dropped for Brenko Lee.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
sallymay wrote:I'm already bluh about this game ...kinda feels like the whole team just doesn't care most of the time and plays like it...all they wanna do if fight the opposition ... Or show off ...cam is trying to play all 17 positions

Whatever happens happens I guess
so they didn't care when the put 38 on the Warriors in a half on Anzac Day the week before Sally ?

that's just silly talk and you know it.

of course they care...but the competition is a lot more even in 2018 and the Storm have come back to the pack slightly and we've had some injuries to the wrong players at the wrong time.

stick with the boys...they'll be working on combinations to get it right
I was talking about against the dragons obv
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Might be a good game to bring Brodie back. Jacks is great but lacks creativity and went missing badly against the dragons. He's a better 5/8 than HB
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NevilleB wrote:Might be a good game to bring Brodie back. Jacks is great but lacks creativity and went missing badly against the dragons. He's a better 5/8 than HB

Yep I agree..Bellamy always said they would share the year at 7

Plus Brodie didn't play QCup last week...they pulled him out last minute so I reckon he will be back in the next week or two
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Brodie can't come back until he can definitively tackle.

And prove it to everyone so the confidence doesn't flow out of the team

Else we will just have the shamozzle we had at the start of the season.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I really want Brodie back in the side. Jacks is good as long as we're comfortable but any decent challenge and unfortunately he hasn't got the skillset imo.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Per fox stats -
Both our guys are above average defensively. Croft 84% tackle efficiency. Jacks 87%. Croft does have double the amount of missed tackle than Jacks. Jacks has double the amount of ineffective tackles than Croft. Croft with 3 try causes and 6 line break causes. Jacks with 2 try causes and 3 line break causes. And just as a comparison - Cronk 82%, 5 try causes and 9 line break causes.

Attack is where both have been mostly duds. Expected Jacks to give us very little there but with his terrible start to the season Croft is even worse.

Croft has not scored, no line breaks, not set up a line break or a try in 5 games. Contributed to one try. Involved in one try. Two forced dropouts
Jacks has 3 tries, 1 line break, 1 line break assist, 3 try assists. Contributed to one try. Involved in one try. One forced dropout.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

riders of the storm wrote:Does anyone know much about the five-eighth the Titans have named? Alexander Brimson.
Apparently AJ Brimson is the next hot thing as far as young halves go. I believe he's still 19 or so and from what I've heard there are concerns he's a bit small to be playing first grade, which is why the Titans had put Cartwright in last week. I think it's a danger inclusion for us because when exciting young halves get their first call up they can have a blinder (think Croft, Brooks, Moses, etc) and can inject some enthusiasm into the players around them. Can't put too much attention on him either because it might give Ash Taylor more space to operate.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:Brodie can't come back until he can definitively tackle.

And prove it to everyone so the confidence doesn't flow out of the team

Else we will just have the shemozzle we had at the start of the season.
How about you engage brain before opening mouth (or in this case typing)?
Brodie's tackling wasn't our early season problem. Our defence early in the season was still up there with the best; it was lack of attacking effectiveness that cost us games against the Sharks and Tigpies (twice).
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Brodie's tackling was a big problem as shown by the tries scored by the Tigers in their wins where they ran straight at him.

Sorry, ran straight over him.

Lets not talk about his catching of kick offs.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You literally just have to look up three posts to show it is actually not a big problem.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

It literally was a problem on the try line. Remember it is where and when.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cameron wrote:Brodie's tackling was a big problem as shown by the tries scored by the Tigers in their wins where they ran straight at him.

Sorry, ran straight over him.

Lets not talk about his catching of kick offs.
The Tigers scored 3 tries in 2 games against us. 1 was off JACs massive stuff up that was on the other side of the field. Another was on the back of a great offload that wasn’t Crofts fault. Wanna try again?