Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors - ANZAC DAY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TC wrote:
Mattpoet wrote:Did something happen to Glasby? Don't think I saw him after about 25min mark.

Off the topic but curious, can anyone explain to me what the lines that they take the scrums between mean exactly and how it is decided whether the scrum is taken closer to the middle or to the sideline?
Looked like a dislocated thumb.

So the lines are there to limit the distance from the edge of the field that a scrum can take place. If an error occurs within those lines (i.e. more than 10 metres from the sideline) then the scrum is packed on the spot. If it's within 10 metres of the sideline then it's packed on the 10m line.
That's what I thought but, as my wife keeps pointing out to me, sometimes the ball goes out of play and the scrum is packed on the more central of the two lines.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Thought Welch was stiff not to get best on ground too.
Big Welchy was excellent.

Ran for the most metres of our forwards
Topped the game tackle count (40)
1 Line Break
3 Tackle Busts
1 Try
2 Offloads

Really stood up with Bromwich out and Glasby injured early.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He's been mentioned as a Queensland bolter, performances like that could just about get him there...
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Save me the trouble please, who was selected as best on ground?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:Save me the trouble please, who was selected as best on ground?
Sir William Slater - ANZAC Medallist
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Glasby to have surgery 4-6 weeks same injury as Dale
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thumb injury that is
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Great win but injuries are starting to get costly.

Curtis Scott has a syndesmosis injury that could need surgery. Big blow to lose him for a while
Just saw him in the car park and he was not happy.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Off the topic but curious, can anyone explain to me what the lines that they take the scrums between mean exactly and how it is decided whether the scrum is taken closer to the middle or to the sideline?
Scrums are always 20 meters in from touch where the infringement occurred. If an attacking team knocks on inside 10 meters the scrum is set on the 10m line and 20m in.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scott's injury didn't look good. Glasby injury on top of Jesse's injury will test our forward depth. It will however give someone like Patrick Kaufusi or Tui Kamikamica a chance.

I think Christian Welch is a future Storm captain.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote: I think Christian Welch is a future Storm captain.
You're not alone in thinking that. There's definitely something about him.

The attack is definitely firing on all cylinders now. The Storm scored just one try in two games between weeks four and five. Between weeks seven and eight they've scored 14.

Also, for all the flack Hoffman's copped (I'll admit I've been calling for his retirement since he signed in the off-season) he's been the only Storm forward to run for more than 100 metres in the past two games.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Scott's injury didn't look good. Glasby injury on top of Jesse's injury will test our forward depth. It will however give someone like Patrick Kaufusi or Tui Kamikamica a chance.

I think Christian Welch is a future Storm captain.
Obviously been thought of that way internally for a while too, was 20s captain a few years back.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watching Foxx stand up RTS was a thing of beauty.

Best performance of the year thus far.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Amazing atmosphere, great support for both sides, was absolutely unbelievable seeing Melbourne rip apart a side, just really starved the Warriors of any possession and gave them little to no-time to recover and regroup.

My Man of the Match would of been Ryely Jacks.
NAS had another barnstorming game really drove through with a lot of effort and also forced two turn overs with big heavy tackles.

Brandon Smith along with Cam were everywhere.
There was an almighty collision that saw Brandon Smith topple I believe Jazz Tevaga.

A great night and a great game by all, all round.

Also Feliese, when he really does his thing and beat his man on the outside is a thing of pure class.
Hoping Curtis a speedy recovery, another great game from him.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

riders of the storm wrote:
Scooter wrote: I think Christian Welch is a future Storm captain.

Also, for all the flack Hoffman's copped (I'll admit I've been calling for his retirement since he signed in the off-season) he's been the only Storm forward to run for more than 100 metres in the past two games.
I told you he wasnt done. Just needed a little time