Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors - ANZAC DAY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

This is outstanding...
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gonna be a close game. We are currently beating the clock 36 - 34. Hopefully we can get it done.

Smithy’s goal kicking is on point.
staticash
Squall
Squall

I pinched myself twice just to be sure i am not dreaming... Amazing first half. N.A.S is a man on a mission tonight.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

ok but we need to improve around the rucks, I mean we got a little complacent towards the end of the half.

I want 80 ruthless minutes
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Two poor offloads from Kasiano.
One sh*tty pass from Slater.
One drop from Chambers.

Those aside, damn near perfect half of footy.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm old enough to remember when we had a premiership hangover and were playing the worst football in Storm's history.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The cue was in the rack at half time but didn’t drop away too much and still won the second half.

We really are keeping the highlight creators on their toes. Some brilliant footy.

Great, albeit unexpected result.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What is it with Warriors fans carrying on like horses arses during the pre game ceremony? Utterly disrespectful.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn’t think we’d see another winger create excitement like Korobiete in Storm colours. JAC has him covered though... You can feel the crowd come alive as soon as the ball finds JAC in any space.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater and Munster were brilliant. Hopefully Scott’s ankle isn’t too bad, he was very good also.

Did anyone notice the small Warriors half Lino with a cannonball tackle on Munster at the end? Munster reeled our limping.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

good resilience on the try line in the second half

a few unnecessary errors

still a bit of improvement possible.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Did something happen to Glasby? Don't think I saw him after about 25min mark.

Off the topic but curious, can anyone explain to me what the lines that they take the scrums between mean exactly and how it is decided whether the scrum is taken closer to the middle or to the sideline?
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:Did something happen to Glasby? Don't think I saw him after about 25min mark.

Off the topic but curious, can anyone explain to me what the lines that they take the scrums between mean exactly and how it is decided whether the scrum is taken closer to the middle or to the sideline?
Glasby hurt his hand pretty early on, I’m not sure exactly what he did but yeah. He played on for a bit after
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Thought Welch was stiff not to get best on ground too.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:Did something happen to Glasby? Don't think I saw him after about 25min mark.

Looked like a dislocated thumb.

So the lines are there to limit the distance from the edge of the field that a scrum can take place. If an error occurs within those lines (i.e. more than 10 metres from the sideline) then the scrum is packed on the spot. If it's within 10 metres of the sideline then it's packed on the 10m line.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately