Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors - ANZAC DAY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm going but not expecting the normal 'home' atmosphere as warriors fans always show up in numbers for this game. Can't fault their passion.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... lead-pack/

Nelson ready to lead pack
melbournestorm.com.au
Tue 24 Apr 2018

For the first time in his career Nelson Asofa-Solomona will lead the Storm pack.

It just so happens to be in the biggest game of the year as Storm host the Warriors in the ANZAC Day blockbuster at AAMI Park tomorrow night.

However the 22-year-old has already shown this season he is playing with the power, consistency and confidence that has him more than capable of stepping up in the absence of the injured Jesse Bromwich.

Asofa-Solomona also enjoyed his break out game in this very fixture last year, putting in a dominant performance that saw him awarded the ANZAC Day medal.

Now the rising star will look to do the same, this time in a starting role that has him focused on leading from the front.

"You can play big minutes and get through it or you can play good quality minutes," Asofa-Solomona told the Herald Sun.
"I don't want to play big minutes and just get through it, I want to play big minutes but quality minutes and keep playing consistent footy."
"I always try and remind myself how grateful I am for this because it can be taken away from you any minute."
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Suli hasn’t been dropped from the squad due to a low grade hamstring injury.

This is a huge out for us given he is being replaced by YT.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Damn! Suli usually plays well in this fixture. I'll be at the game with my in-laws who are all Warrior fans so should be a good night hopefully a win for the Storm.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Good luck for the game everyone...so torn lol! Kinda glad T isn't playing but not for the reason he isn't. Hoping it will be a ripper as usual & the best team wins on the day.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

nacho wrote:Suli hasn’t been dropped from the squad due to a low grade hamstring injury.

This is a huge out for us given he is being replaced by YT.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Chip wrote:Good luck for the game everyone...so torn lol! Kinda glad T isn't playing but not for the reason he isn't. Hoping it will be a ripper as usual & the best team wins on the day.
How are the splinters Chip? :)
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

All good Bullucked
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

This game is 50/50 it can go either way.
The team who has managed the players wee niggles will have automatic advantage on such a short turn around.

If our forwards can dominate, that's going to lead to so much confidence.
Hoping our performance can silence the Warrior supporters lol.

And we will all have to keep the faith with YT. I'm sure he'll do well.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Young played pretty well last start, didn’t try too hard or overplay his hand. So hopefully more of that. Consistency and defensive decision making have been concerns.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we'll see a fair bit of angle changing around the middle as some of the Warriors forwards tend to over-commit (Blair) Blake Green isn't the best defender too so Filise and Hoffy could crack the line tonight
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely Pat Kaufusi replaces Stimson in the 17 tonight. Nothing against Stimson, he just won't get many minutes unless there's an injury and we have to replace Jesse's minutes.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Stimson is on the bench. Kenny is on the bench. Welch to start
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Danger D wrote:I'm going but not expecting the normal 'home' atmosphere as warriors fans always show up in numbers for this game. Can't fault their passion.
The 'Warriors fans' who wear Storm gear all season except for this game wen they change strips?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How good is Munster getting at forcing the opposing winger to come up, then dropping a little grubber in behind? Beautiful Rugby League.