Croft needs a break

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surely Croft has to have a few weeks off. The guys confidence is SHOT

and none of his team mates have any faith in him any more.

He actually doesn't even look like he wants to be out there tbh.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.triplem.com.au/sport/nrl/ne ... -the-storm

Is Brodie Croft On The Outer At The Storm?
Triple M NRL

Brodie Croft has some HUGE shoes to fill.

Croft has the extremely tough task of taking over from Premiership winner and Storm legend Cooper Cronk.

It's fair to say there certainly has been an adjustment period for Storm with Croft still trying to find his feet in the first-grade lineup.

However, there are whispers around the Storm that Croft's BIG personality is rubbing some of the club's top stars the wrong way.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Results cure all concerns. Get a string of wins together, this sort of stuff probably goes away.

We don’t have a better option at the moment. Brodie has shown that he has some quality skills, but he needs to improve. He was atrocious this week.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

??? Certainly couldn't be going any worse for him atm. Big personality though is a bit strange.

Will say I remember numerous times before the season Smith downplayed Croft a bit. Thought nothing of it at the time but after watching the way he's treating Croft on the field I wonder if there was more there?

Finchy spot on with his assessment. Good clubman.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think Croft is probably full of himself like all millenniums and it is not the Storm way.

We; as a team are playing very very poorly.

But more importantly; Croft is struggling to hit a target with a pass and we are losing close games that can be attributed directly to Croft's mistakes.

Bellyache would be tearing his hair out.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:I think Croft is probably full of himself like all millenniums...
1, The word is millennials - a millennium is a thousand years.
2. Like so many of your posts, a gross assumption with no evidence to back it up.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hope Bellamy rips into Croft for forcing JAC to throw a pass directly to the Tigers, as well as Young for being selfish.

In all seriousness, Croft had trouble defending Brooks yesterday which is not great and highlights how poor he's playing atm. Sometimes you take mistakes on the big guys but not when your opposite number is riding you.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think people need to remember he’s had no consistency with the players around him to start this year. He started with Felise next to him, Felise goes down after 1 round and Stimson comes in. Then Felise comes back now and Chambers is gone. Both those players plus Smith, Slater & Munster all where involved at the World Cup which really limited their time to prepare in the preseason. It’s gotta be tough for him when he’s had such little time. That’s a big reason why I would of liked him to play off the bench last year. As soon as Cronk announced he was leaving, they should of fast tracked his development. Allowing him to play a bit with Smith, Slater & Cronk last year would of been great for him. Kind of similar with Brandon Smith this year, the more games he gets to play with Cameron Smith the better it will be for him in the future
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Very good point mate. Unfortunately we had to play Griffin off the bench for the last 10 minutes once the result was already in the bag.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

We won a comp using that strategy last year so happy with Croft not play off the bench.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not catching the kick-off was a killer. You could see he regretted not doing so before the ball even passed him.

Craig just about had an aneurysm in the box.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

You guys ever wear in a new pair of jeans? It's uncomfortable as heck for a while but with a bit of persistence eventually the pants fit you like a glove.
Give Croft some time and you'll wonder how you ever left home without him.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fair enough. But right now I am Chafing badly...
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

As much as I hate losing and the way we are playing at the moment. Lets look at things clearly. Croft is 21 and played a handful of games. Cooper was not playing first grade at 21 and when he had played a small number of games he was no where as brilliant as he is now. Not even close. So yes Croft has a long way to go and he is not doing anything great as yet and making mistakes. But so other the others in the team. Everyone is dropping the ball, Hoffman anyone, everyone is giving away penalties, everyone is missing tackles and everyone is making dumb choices. The continually is no there and because of that the set plays are not working and everyone is getting frustrated, the rushing and making errors. I also think Smith carrying an ankle injury does not help, but then playing without him would not help either. Hopefully everything will click sooner rather than later. I hate this too.

Stay clam and support Storm
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe we should have got another proficient number 7 for two or so years until Croft was ready.

He is not ready yet.