Round 4 - Sharks vs Storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Friday Night - 8:05 PM
30th March
Shark Park

The Sharks have started the year in average form however that means precisely nothing. At Cronulla's home, we will need to continue to improve. The two late tries last week somewhat masked some lingering concerns.

Our back three need to be on the same page.
Our completion rate needs to be better.
We need to show up with enthusiasm and intent.

And to top it off, if someone can iron Gallen and/or Fifita out, that would just be stupendous...
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sharks are the new Manly in that they're my favourite team to hate. Hope we put a cricket score on them but I think it will be more of a grind type of affair. I suspect there will be a number of penalties blown Friday night.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:Sharks are the new Manly in that they're my favourite team to hate.
I am right there with you...
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Shark Park in the Shire with a full crowd on Good Friday is a tough place to play.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sharks have a big strong forward pack.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/26/mel ... s-rivalry/

Ever since Michael Ennis sledged Cameron Smith in the 2016 Telstra Premiership decider, Melbourne Storm's clashes with the Cronulla Sharks have had extra intensity.

Whether it's extra niggle or a few verbal barbs traded during press conferences, the rivalry has built rapidly and looks set to continue on Friday night at Southern Cross Group Stadium.

The Sharks will call upon Andrew Fifita, Paul Gallen, Matt Prior and Luke Lewis, the latter likely to return from a foot injury, to shut down a rebuilding and comparatively youthful Storm pack.

Storm prop Christian Welch has experienced this rivalry over the last two seasons and says it is born out of a mutual respect.

"I suppose being a front-rower, I look at the Sharks' front row in Prior, Gallen and Fifita, and they're certainly close to the benchmark front row in the competition," Welch said.

"I suppose we're always aiming up on them. There's always that Queensland and NSW rivalry with our rep players against theirs."

Fellow forward Joe Stimson played in 2017's close loss at AAMI Park (an 11-2 defeat in round six) and said Cronulla's physicality is what makes them such a challenge.

"They are an experienced forward pack, very physical and an aggressive team, so we have to try and match that, and hopefully get through the next 80 minutes," he said.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sharks are going to try and bully Croft. Keen to see how he handles it and if we make any adjustments to try and negate it.

Should expect Felise back this week. Probably Kenny too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Need Felise and Will to protect him a little in defence.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Imo Brandon Smith has to play. The energy he brings off the bench is fantastic.
nipper652
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I think we need to run our big forwards at Brayley all night, he does a lot of defence and when their forwards get on a roll he can do some damage in attack. Tire him out and the gaps will appear IMO
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/27/cro ... 4-preview/

A 2016 grand final rematch as the Cronulla Sharks go head-to-head against the Melbourne Storm.

The Storm returned to the winners circle after a round three victory over the Cowboys but will be sweating on the fitness of Kenny Bromwich.

At Cronulla, Matt Moylan's hamstring injury is likely to keep him out of this clash although Luke Lewis could potentially make a return from his plantar fascia injury.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/27/cro ... 4-preview/

A 2016 grand final rematch as the Cronulla Sharks go head-to-head against the Melbourne Storm.

The Storm returned to the winners circle after a round three victory over the Cowboys but will be sweating on the fitness of Kenny Bromwich.

At Cronulla, Matt Moylan's hamstring injury is likely to keep him out of this clash although Luke Lewis could potentially make a return from his plantar fascia injury.
It would be "miracle" for Lewis to play that quick after a planter fascia injury based on what I have seen of this injury in other sports people
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Felise still out, Pat Kaufusi in the 21
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Smith out, Bromwich in

Luke Lewis and Matt Moylan named.

Sharks: 1 Josh Dugan, 2 Sosaia Feki, 3 Jesse Ramien, 4 Ricky Leutele, 5 Valentine Holmes, 6 Matt Moylan, 7 Chad Townsend, 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 Jayden Brailey, 10 Matt Prior, 11 Luke Lewis, 12 Wade Graham (c), 13 Paul Gallen (c)

Interchange: 14 Kurt Capewell, 15 James Segeyaro, 16 Avagalu Seumanufagai, 17 Joseph Paulo

Reserves: 18 Kurt Dillon, 19 Trent Hodkinson, 20 Edrick Lee, 21 Braden Uele

Storm: 1 Billy Slater, 2 Suliasi Vunivalu, 3 Will Chambers, 4 Curtis Scott, 5 Josh Addo-Carr, 6 Cameron Munster, 7 Brodie Croft, 8 Jesse Bromwich, 9 Cameron Smith (c), 10 Nelson Asofa-Solomona, 11 Joe Stimson, 12 Ryan Hoffman, 13 Dale Finucane

Interchange: 14 Tim Glasby, 15 Kenny Bromwich, 16 Christian Welch, 17 Sam Kasiano

Reserves: 18 Young Tonumaipea, 19 Patrick Kaufusi, 20 Ryley Jacks, 21 Brandon Smith
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:Smith out, Bromwich in
:'( :'( :'(
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The team needs Smith in it. The sooner Bellamy comes to that conclusion the better.