Rd 2 vs Wests Tigers

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Needed Brandon smith out there for some energy tonight. Hoffman needs to go or start off the bench. He seriously isn't cut out for a 80 mins or a starting role anymore.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Everyone seem want to rush the play. Munster did not look like he had his 6 head on. Brody needs more time and Silly will be lucky not to be playing in Qld. The two ref system has to go we had one ref keeping 9-10 meters and the other 13-15 at times tonight so if you add up just 2 extra meters per tackle that’s 10 per set over game that a lot not to mention that one team can get in your face s lot easer. Not why we lost but didn’t help.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

One player I’ve really been impressed with so far is Welch. Thought he played well tonight. That shot he put on was a cracker. NAS looking real good, really worried the Tigers, especially early. Kasiano either needs to be given more minutes or go to qcup. Hoffman shouldn’t be starting
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

just a majorly selfish game by them all and no respect shown to the tigers. Storm should've taken the 2 after the tigers were camped down our end yet were kept trying for the try

Billy was trying to play like he was 20 again when Suli tried to help him out he ended up getting in the way

Suli seems to be having 2nd year syndrome (in year 3) (and still gets trys)

Brodie need to learn to kick away from the opposition not to them

where was JOC and munster for half the game

guess what I'm not the coach and I'm glad I'm not but they better start playing a whole heap better or they wont win many games
but the truth is we haven't lost a game since rd 18 last yr so we had to have a loss at some point...right
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our attack had no direction or purpose but Brodie will come good we've seen what he can do and no we're not dropping him it would absolutely destroy him.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hopefully Croft takes this all in stride as part of his learning curve. I was actually quite impressed with his efforts in defence. Last week he just stuck out an arm on a couple of occasions and this week he really threw himself at the attackers.
NAS was phenomenal. I wonder if he is best used as an impact player though. I'd prefer to start Glasby and get him to take the sting out of the opposition forwards before setting NAS loose on them.
Feel bad for Billy but credit where it's due: the tigers punched well above their weight in that effort.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

And just quietly... how good was Joe Stimson? Did a superb job filling in for Felise. Some strong hits in defence, a couple of decent runs and a great desperation to win the ball back off the kick start.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What are the positives 1) some good play by some 2) could we make any more errors 3) we did go over the line more times that they did 4) can we tackle better yes a lot 5) played the worst I see us play in a long time and still only lost by 2 and the last try forward I have seen a lot of those not pulled up but we are Melbourne 6) Muster just moved to 6 will get better with more time 7) Brody needs more time to get game management under control 8) I think we will have losses at the star of the season rather than the end 9) They looked like they were trying to hard for Billy eg Silly getting in Billy’s way not a mistake with spelling 10) A lot of improvement in us
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:Hoffman picks up where he left off last week ::)

I’ve never seen a Storm player put in such an anonymous performance. He has an uncanny knack of being where the ball isn’t.
Big fail on this experiment, Storm.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Danger D wrote:And just quietly... how good was Joe Stimson? Did a superb job filling in for Felise. Some strong hits in defence, a couple of decent runs and a great desperation to win the ball back off the kick start.
He missed a bunch of tackles and was ineffective in attack. Hoffman was worse this game tho.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Would like to know if there was a stat on how many kicks find the grass these days.

There probably is but all the good stats are behind closed doors and not available to the public.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

So in all the errors that happened last night Hoffy was the stand out really. Nothing Hoffy did or didn’t do cost us the game it was a team effort or in this case not effort. Pretty harsh picking one player out of last nights game.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:Would like to know if there was a stat on how many kicks find the grass these days.

There probably is but all the good stats are behind closed doors and not available to the public.
Isn't it ridiculous that you can't just look up a player's career stats like in any other sport world wide?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Would like to know if there was a stat on how many kicks find the grass these days.

Isn't it ridiculous that you can't just look up a player's career stats like in any other sport world wide?
Kills me. Why make stats so hard to access for fans?

Just another example of how the NRL is amateur-ish... and there are a LOT of examples.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mattpoet wrote:

The best available stat site these days (without paying for it) seems to be: http://mc.championdata.com/nrl/

And based on the stats from last night Finucane was easily the standout for us.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately