Queensland Cup 2018

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote:Kinda pisses me off that they only talk about the storm players ...when clearly Easts tigers best player was jarred macanally I wish they would just write a better report
Why don't you write a match report and submit to the website for review? They may actually be interested in a fan written match report - the fact they don't do them may just be that no-one has ever suggested the idea.
It would certainly be good to read something posted by an interested observer rather than a club insider (who are obviously predominantly interested in the Storm side of things).
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I donno...im not that great at writing

I might try it year though....why not
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote:I donno...im not that great at writing

Why not try it here?

I'm interested and I know others are as well.

Give it a shot, it'll be fun.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
sallymay wrote:I donno...im not that great at writing

Why not try it here?

I'm interested and I know others are as well.

Give it a shot, it'll be fun.

I agree with TC. It would be great Sallymay if you could give us your thoughts on QCup matches. The club often has an agenda so might be talking up certain players. You would tell us what really happened !
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ok cool I'll give it a shot
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons 15 (Tries: Jye Ballinger, Dane Hogan, Ryan Papenhuyzen, Goal: Ryan Papenhuyzen Field Goal: Ryley Jacks) defeated Northern Pride 14
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Sallymay/scooter any reports on Papenhuyzen? Potential first grader next season? He still has 2 years left on his contract after this season but is he getting close? I imagine he would want Bill to hang them up to improve his chances.

And Drinkwater in the same boat? Although without a contract.

Seem to have a lot of guys in the backline not playing regular first grade (Jacks, Johns, Walters, Earl, Seve, Olam, Croft, Drinkwater, Papenhuyzen)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen I think would be closer to first grade then Scott ...both have played pretty good this year

Scott has won a few games for Easts tigers with his kicking game he just needs to work on his defence a bit and combinations with players

Ryan hasn't played a lot of games this year. He had about 6/7 weeks off due to a bad concussion but when he does play he is the Falcons goal kicker and gets heaps of try's ...id love to see his get a shot in first grade but I don't think it will be anytime soon
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That is very interesting, Sallymay, that you think Ryan is ahead of Scott at fullback . I had the impression Scott was ahead ( picked in the 21 a time or two ) but maybe he will struggle to get a contract with us next year. His other option at the start of the year was at 6 after Billy retires, with Munster switching to full back, but Jahrome looks like he will take the 1, with Munster staying at 6. You would think thus that only one of Papenhuyzen and Drinkwater will stay.. and as Lucas points out, Ryan has two years to go on his contract.

Looks like Scott had a good day today with a hat trick in a huge win by Easts. They scored 9 tries - -7 of them to Storm players, and Brodie kicked 5 goals.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

RobbieRoss wrote:That is very interesting, Sallymay, that you think Ryan is ahead of Scott at fullback . I had the impression Scott was ahead ( picked in the 21 a time or two ) but maybe he will struggle to get a contract with us next year. His other option at the start of the year was at 6 after Billy retires, with Munster switching to full back, but Jahrome looks like he will take the 1, with Munster staying at 6. You would think thus that only one of Papenhuyzen and Drinkwater will stay.. and as Lucas points out, Ryan has two years to go on his contract.

Looks like Scott had a good day today with a hat trick in a huge win by Easts. They scored 9 tries - -7 of them to Storm players, and Brodie kicked 5 goals.

Not sure who is in front of who ATM but how good was Scott today...and his second try AMAZING

I was told today apparently he might be going to the Knights so who knows
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sallymay- I see from the QRL website that Ryan Papenhuyzen went off after 75 minutes yesterday. Do you know what happened to him ?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've heard we've offered Drinkwater a contract
nipper652
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

RobbieRoss wrote:Sallymay- I see from the QRL website that Ryan Papenhuyzen went off after 75 minutes yesterday. Do you know what happened to him ?
Apparently he strained his oblique muscle, which is located in the stomach area. Not sure if he will be sidelined or not
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hope he is ok
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Falcons lost today, Easts won.

Brandon went off with 5 minutes to go. Sallymay- just a rotation ?