Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Sandor Earl named to return via Q Cup this Saturday with the Falcons. Best of luck!
+1
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes, with Young going, he has a good chance of a game if something happens.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mattpoet wrote:Yes, with Young going, he has a good chance of a game if something happens.
In many ways it would be nice to see, but I hope it doesn't come to that. There is a bit of talent ahead of him and the only way he should jump them is if he strikes career best form which after such a long time away from the game I can't imagine happening. Would be happy for him to prove me wrong though.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jesse did his hammy yesterday...according to the NRL physio he said it looked like a bad one and could be out 4/6 weeks
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sh*t year for Jesse injury wise. Can’t catch a break.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We need to give Jessie plenty of time else he will just re "ping" it again.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not sounding good for Jesse at all. One story in the Herald Sun saying the hamstring injury is so bad, it could rule him out for 3 months...

Also still no guarantee that Slater will play this week. I’m not unhappy to see Hughes go around again though.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jessies hamstring may have come off the bone and require surgery.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sam Kasiano out for 10 weeks with a ruptured PCL.

Not good at all.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

that is terrible
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From Frank’s Injury Report yesterday;

- Billy Slater - All good from the hamstring injury as evident in Origin.
- Origin Players - Larger squad going to Adelaide. Boys will be monitored and a decision made closer to game day as to who plays and who doesn’t.
- Sam Kasiano - As above, ruptured PCL. 8-10 weeks. Racing the clock to be back for the end of the year.
- Dale Finucane - Likely could have played this week but a risk averse decision made. Fear of reinjury and a longer stint on the sideline was deemed too great. Probably a wise decision. Should be back for the game against the Dragons next week.
- Jesse Bromwich - Still a few weeks away. Targeting a return in Round 19 against the Warriors.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

yourhero wrote:Sam Kasiano out for 10 weeks with a ruptured PCL.

Not good at all.
Honestly don't think he has offered much. Biggest loss in in the reduction of available numbers.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hasn't been playing huge minutes, but averaging a bit over 6 hit ups a game, and 66 odd metres. I think he could look for a bit more work, and fix some of that discipline, but as a bench forward he's not far behind others in the prop rotation in terms of output.
Interesting to note that after 10 games, Hoffy has run for the most metres of any of our forwards!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apologies, the data I had was slightly out on Hoffy... NAS has more metres, and Finucane slightly higher average, but less games played
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From Frank’s Injury Report today;

Sam Kasiano - AProgressing well. Expected to be back a couple of weeks before finals.
Dale Finucane - Contact session today and training session tomorrow. If he gets through without issue, he will be on the plane to NZ.
Sandor Earl - Back playing for a month now. In talks for a new contract for next year. Frank seemed quite open to the possibility of Sandor even getting a chance in first grade should the opportunity present itself (I image his only chance would be if we experienced a number of injuries to wingers)
Marion Seve - With Young's departure, Marion is promoted to the top 30 list.