Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Apparently Marion Seve has been killing it in the QLD Cup since joining us. Heard he ran for over 300m in one game, that’s impressive
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank was glowing (albeit brief) in his appraisal. Only two games in but hopefully he can keep that up.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What it takes to stop Dale

Author melbournestorm.com.au
Wed 25 Jul 2018

It takes something serious to keep Dale Finucane down.

The Storm hard-man has built a reputation for fronting up week after week as a picture of consistency in the purple pack yet a thumb injury has seen him miss a total of nine games in 2018.

Finucane first fractured his right thumb in Round 4 against the Sharks and did not return until Round 9 after having a small screw inserted.

However that screw suffered a heavy knock against the Cowboys just four weeks later resulting in a further two month stint on the sidelines.

For a player not used to watching his teammates from the stands, the 26-year-old admits it was a frustrating time.

"It was a bit of a pain the last few weeks, I thought I would've been back about three weeks ago but it took a bit longer than I expected," Finucane said.

"Being the second time around the fracture takes a little bit longer to heal.

"The performance staff were a little bit more conservative this time around. I think if I needed to get another operation it would have taken 6-8 weeks which would've taken us until the end of the season."

Finucane returned to the side on Sunday, coming off the bench against the Warriors in the 12-6 win.

He may have to wear a brace now on that thumb but it is a small price to pay to avoid having to sit on the sidelines any longer.

"It is the most games I've ever missed in my career," Finucane said.

"Prior to that I had an injury in 2015 where I dislocated my elbow and missed three games with that, prior to that I'd never had any injuries.

"I've only played nine games this year and coming in towards the back end of the year I don't feel like I've played a lot of football which is probably a good thing. I'm feeling pretty fresh at this point in the season."
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good news at this stage. Sounds like one more week for Brandon , but back in good time for the finals. Sam hopefully to get a few games pre-finals, though presumably with come back through QCup and have to earn his spot.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome injury report by Frank INCLUDING everyone
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I saw on Twitter yesterday that Sandor Earl will miss a second Qld Cup match in a row.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam smith ankle .... achilles .... foot one of the 3
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm update on Smith on Twitter:

Medical staff will monitor Cameron's progress this week. At this stage he won't require scans and he'll be reassessed on Monday
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm website reports Cam Smith has pulled up well, and expected to play this Sunday !

Huge relief. Even if he has a week off, still a huge improvement on what might have been .
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

So we have gone from achilles, ankle, foot to now it is his big toe.

First report was he felt sharp pain in his heel. Long way from the big toe. Way tell the truth.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:So we have gone from achilles, ankle, foot to now it is his big toe.

First report was he felt sharp pain in his heel. Long way from the big toe. Way tell the truth.
Thinking Mulder and Scully, The Truth Is Out There!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Like it
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the tendon runs under the foot, so heel pain can make sense depending on the point of irritation - I just hope not plantar fascia damage.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... erral=true

Cam is apparently good to go.
Great work by Sally pushing Frank for feeder club updates also.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately