Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

my god if he gets a purple jersey this year ill be so happy

if he isn't in purple that week and he come back via Qcup Easts tigers play the Pride (Todd Carneys team lol) how funny would that be
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Seven senior players are not named either for Storm, Easts or Falcons this weekend . Blair, Finucane and Earl we know about.

Any news re possible return of Hughes ? It has been 7 weeks now.

Papenhuyzen has been out for the last 2 or 3 weeks. Any news ?

Now both Billy Walters and Scott Drinkwater out too. Any ideas about them ?

Only Finucane would be in our best 17, but having these other lads out is a worry especially as we start getting closer to the origin period.

It has meant that Cooper Johns plays half back in Qcup, which is good for his development.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Papenhuyzen broke his cheekbone when he got concussed in RD 2 not sure how long he will have out
Scott drinkwater hurt his ankle will be out for a while longer
Billy Walter did the exact same injury as Dale Funucane the same week but broke his wrist as well so about 6 weeks out
Frank Ponessi said Hughes is back training just started contact
And chayse should've played last week but his wife was 9 months pregnent and had their second child (a little boy) on sat so I assume he will proberly play this weekend
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Sally covered most of it, but Frank did do an injury report last week as below.

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... k-ponissi/

Finucane - Expected back Round 9 against St George
Blair - As Sally said, this weekend he should play Q Cup
Earl - July Q Cup return
Hughes - Should play this weekend (assuming he completes all training sessions)
Walters and Drinkwater - Both expected back Round 9 as well
Papenhuyzen - Unfortunately no update available

On an unrelated note, how sh*t are the new NRL websites this year? Virtually no information readily accessible.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thank you both - much appreciated, as always !
nipper652
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

sallymay wrote:Papenhuyzen broke his cheekbone when he got concussed in RD 2 not sure how long he will have out
Scott drinkwater hurt his ankle will be out for a while longer
Billy Walter did the exact same injury as Dale Funucane the same week but broke his wrist as well so about 6 weeks out
Frank Ponessi said Hughes is back training just started contact
And chayse should've played last week but his wife was 9 months pregnent and had their second child (a little boy) on sat so I assume he will proberly play this weekend
Papenhuyzen didn't break his jaw, he had nerve damage around his neck & jaw and was suffering headaches and fatigue for a number of weeks after his concussion. I understand he will be back week after next
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to QRL live website Jahrome Hughes is on the bench for Sunshine Coast Falcons this afternoon.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Initial comments on Jesse were a Grade 1 Medial ligament strain. Two weeks. Hopefully that’s all it is.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:According to QRL live website Jahrome Hughes is on the bench for Sunshine Coast Falcons this afternoon.

... and according to the same site he played the last 55 minutes and stayed on till the end, which is great.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes, much like Brandon Smith, is a player I wish we could fit into our strongest 17. Glad he's returned and hopefully can push for a spot in first grade.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Hughes, much like Brandon Smith, is a player I wish we could fit into our strongest 17. Glad he's returned and hopefully can push for a spot in first grade.

I agree totally. Important for our future, the both of them. Certain both to get a good go during Origin period
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Frank Ponnissi told Triple M that Jesse Bromwich might miss up to six weeks.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Can easily shuffle things around once Finucane comes back but I wonder what we do for the Warriors next week.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pat Kaufusi into the 17 I would think with either Welch or Kenny to start.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah I would think Pat as well. He has been in the squad of 21 for a while now and appears to be the next prop in line.