Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy to west tigers About Paul
Sorry we Broke him you can have him back now

Whoops
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bummer re Momirovski, he wasn't on for that long the other night. Also not the best timing him and Brenko getting injured at the same time.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That is very bad luck for Paul. When Brenko got injured on Friday I thought “ no drama- Momirovski can slot in “.
D’oh !
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

RobbieRoss wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:22 pm That is very bad luck for Paul. When Brenko got injured on Friday I thought “ no drama- Momirovski can slot in “.
D’oh !
I guess Seve will come in, and Eisenhuth ( who can provide cover in the Centres if things go pear-shaped ) apparently will be fit so can slot into Momirovski’s bench spot.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was most happy when our right side was Brenko and Momo.

That dream is over.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:53 pm Lee out for 1-2 weeks with a broken hand. Momirovski torn finger tendon, had surgery out for 12 weeks. Looks like Seve is back. Olam and Seve not the best centres going around at the moment.
I thought Brenko looked sus, very disappointing for him, and us. Momirovski didn't do it when he went in to the halves did he?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd honestly rather Lewis than Seve. How's Lumelume? Could he get a crack?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well that f*cking sucks for our depth.

Hopefully Lee is only out for two weeks. Gotta survive the Knights and Bulldogs before another big clash with the Roosters, then Parra the following week.
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Looks like most clubs are having injuries left right an centre, I guess we should be happy ours havent been too bad.

Would be interesting to see if the rate if injuries is unusually high this year?

Players getting back into games not full fit (due to the COVID break) could be a cause.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Pole wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:09 am Looks like most clubs are having injuries left right an centre, I guess we should be happy ours havent been too bad.

Would be interesting to see if the rate if injuries is unusually high this year?

Players getting back into games not full fit (due to the COVID break) could be a cause.
Follow nrlphysio on instagram he did a post about it today

key points:
1. overall in-game injury numbers in 2020 remain similar to previous years
2. there appears to be an increase in major injuries (those that are 5 games or more)
3. There are at least 71 major injuries in 2020 after 11 rounds. For comparison sake, 2018 had 115 major injuries including finals

Seems the severity of injuries is increasing, rather than the actual injury numbers themselves.

nrlphysio is an excellent page with live injury coverage during matches. You'll likely know how many weeks out as soon as it happens on the field.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:02 pm I'd honestly rather Lewis than Seve. How's Lumelume? Could he get a crack?
Nicho Hynes any chance of playing as a centre ?

Played some games in the centres for SC Falcons....lower grade admittedly.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was thinking this too
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Spoke to Tui today ...he walked Around the lake for 15 minutes on wed 30 min yesterday and a 2 hour walk today ..getting back into gym work tomorrow...I’m sure he is doing other stuff but it sounds like he is doing a lot better
Pole
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That sounds pretty good if he is back in the gym, I'm sure it's probably very light and more rehab work.

What was actually wrong with his back? I'm interested ot know and culdnt find the exact details.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:30 pm Spoke to Tui today ...he walked Around the lake for 15 minutes on wed 30 min yesterday and a 2 hour walk today ..getting back into gym work tomorrow...I’m sure he is doing other stuff but it sounds like he is doing a lot better
That is great news.. if only for his own well-being. He must be so frustrated , so be able to get out post-surgery and do even simple stuff is very positive.