Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kya
Squall
Squall

RobbieRoss wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:30 pm Cam Munster just told Megan Barnard on Fox NRL that he is “at least 5-6 weeks away “. She queried him on it, noting it was longer than had been announced. He then repeated it. Ouch !
Won’t be surprised if this is a bit of smoke and mirrors.
Brandon Smith did an online interview with NRL.com and said Munster could be playing this week and what a great healer he was.
He may have realised what he divulged because he moved off topic quickly.

Could be wrong but Storm are generally more likely to list worst case scenarios for injured players and than suddenly they are miraculously back ahead of schedule.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Kya wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:31 am
Brandon Smith did an online interview with NRL.com and said Munster could be playing this week and what a great healer he was.
He may have realised what he divulged because he moved off topic quickly.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How is Tui's minor back injury?

Clearly something big brewing for him. Pictures of him look like he's in peak condition however this has gotta be big.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... -ponissi2/

I made mention of our injury crisis in the Titans thread. On cue, Frank provides an injury update...

Jesse Bromwich
Grade 2 medial ligament strain
3-4 weeks

Tom Eisenhuth
Hamstring strain
2 weeks at least

Ryley Jacks
Cork to the knee
Will be on restricted duties this week. Still a possibility to play this week pending progress

Cameron Munster
Grade 2 medial ligament strain
A chance for this week. Will be tested on Thursday at the Captain's run. The club won't take any chances though.

Felise Kaufusi
Minor knee swelling
Needs to train this week and get through everything. Likely this week to play.

Suli Vunivalu
Hamstring strain
Not sure he will be named. Doesn't doesn't sound very likely at all.

Tui Kamikamica
Back issue picked up in Albury. Was back into full training 10 days ago. Has re-injured it.
Indefinitely out. Likely still some considerable time away.

Max King
Achilles strain
At least 2 weeks away
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Some disappointing news , but always pleased to hear from Frank, who is a wonderful asset for our club.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently they found a small fracture in Tuis back
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

According to NRL.com Tui is going into surgery and could be out for three months.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Devastated for Tui, hopefully this doesn't prove limiting on his career long term
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That really sucks... In the first two weeks Tui was close to our best forward (Jesse just a shade in front). You hate to see blokes that have toiled away, worked so hard, finally start to get the results that they have fought far - only to be struck down with serious injury.

Hopefully he comes back in 2021 and can get back to that level.
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote: Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:40 pm Devastated for Tui, hopefully this doesn't prove limiting on his career long term
Yep, he becomes pretty important next year with Tino going, Welch probably going (well he'd agreed to go elsewhere before his ACL) and Jesse not getting any younger.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I spoke to Tui via insta about a week ago he hadnt left his room in 3 days and couldn’t move .
They were considering sending him home to Melbourne to have surgery I guess they worked out Brisbane would be better to keep an eye on him..just hope he gets the help he needs
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Shit timing for him and the club. Hopefully he can get healthy and back doing what he enjoys as soon as possible.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just saw on Melbourne Storm announced he was having surgery Friday and could miss the rest of the season
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am going to call it early. I think Tui's injury will drastically shorten his career if not end it.

Anecdotally, back injuries never get better. They can be managed and treated but never improved once you go under the knife. This is all going to delay deterioration until it eventually is too far gone, then deterioration will just increase.

My neurosurgeon severely warned me and did not want to cut me open, to my benefit. 12 months later I am symptom free and my injury was extremely minor in the scheme of what can happen.

Players are a long time retired and I am sure family will be a driving force in returning but if it were me, a couple hundred thousand a year (taxed at 47%) just to risk living with potential debilitating back pain for the next 50 years is not worth it. It just takes one hit to the wrong spot at the wrong time during a game and it can be ka-put.

I hope I am wrong!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lee out for 1-2 weeks with a broken hand. Momirovski torn finger tendon, had surgery out for 12 weeks. Looks like Seve is back. Olam and Seve not the best centres going around at the moment.