Official Injury Updates Thread

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's a shame that we had 10 weeks off, no contact training, yet we still have three soft tissue injuries heading into the restart :-\
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jahrome Hughes broke his hand in the win over the Rabbitohs. He will have surgery and miss 2-3 weeks.

He had a mixed game last night but I still think he needs to be the 7.

Who comes in/how do we shuffle?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

7. C Smith
9. B Smith

Or Cooper Johns gets his opportunity.
?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jahrome's injury gives Craig a chance to be a bit inventive and move Cam to 7 and Brandon to 9. But usually Craig is conservative so I think Jacks will play at 7.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wouldn’t it be ironic if cooper Johns gets to debut against the team he grew up supporting and father and uncle played for ...I doubt he will but I can dream for him #202
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For our own amusement it needs to be Jacks and we need the Storm to go on a point scoring spree with him having as little involvement as possible.

Tough luck for Hughes. Wonder how/when he did it? Would explain some terrible passes.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:51 pm For our own amusement it needs to be Jacks and we need the Storm to go on a point scoring spree with him having as little involvement as possible.

Tough luck for Hughes. Wonder how/when he did it? Would explain some terrible passes.
Blazza18 Hughes hurt his hand in a tackle about 8 minutes before half time. I noticed it while watching last night that he was holding his hand after laying two tackles in a row about 20 metres out from our attacking try line.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:51 pm For our own amusement it needs to be Jacks and we need the Storm to go on a point scoring spree with him having as little involvement as possible.
Hahaha

How is Cooper Johns' size and defence, do we think Craig is holding him back for another year maybe? Is he a future player whereas Jacks is a now player? (I have no idea about Johns, I wouldn't even know if I walked past him)
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cooper Johns will be a fair player imho. Maybe doesn’t have first grade in him just yet but he’s got some size (1.85m) and a high pedigree footy brain. Definitely the most natural and instinctive 7 when compared with Croft, Hughes and jacks.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bellamy will likely select Jacks. I’d personally prefer Cam at 7, Brandon at 9.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... --round-6/

Injury Report - Round 6
melbournestorm.com.au
Wed 17 Jun 2020

Football Operations Coordinator Ryan Hoffman has the latest on injured players as we head into Round 6 of the Telstra Premiership.

Halfback Jahrome Hughes missed our clash with the Knights last weekend after undergoing surgery on a broken hand.

"We will see how Hughesy goes at training this week," Hoffman said.

"Initially we thought he'd be out for at least two games but we'll see how he's looking after captain's run."

Powerful forward Tui Kamikamica has not played a game since round two and has been on a modified training program since the coronavirus hiatus, but Hoffman said he is edging closer to a return.

"Tui is still nursing that minor back injury but he's progressing," Hoff said.

"He's still a week or two away."

Prop Aaron Pene is likely to be available for selection in the next few weeks after his achilles rehab.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes still a chance of a late inclusion this week.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tui's minor back injury must be anything but minor. Long stint sitting out.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm have tweeted that scans reveal that Cameron Munster has a grade 2 medial ligament tear. He will miss 3 to 4 weeks.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cam Munster just told Megan Barnard on Fox NRL that he is “at least 5-6 weeks away “. She queried him on it, noting it was longer than had been announced. He then repeated it. Ouch !