Round 1 predicted line ups

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I reckon Stimson is ready.

I will never forget the game winning Roosters try.

Top Notch.

He is prepared to put his body on the line; and I like that!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:I remember after he had a good game it was "Tohu who?"
Surely anyone saying that was just caught up in the moment with an exciting young player performing well... Either that, or they were off their heads.

We will miss Tohu more than McLean. Hell, we might even miss him more than Cronk.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We will miss all 3.

As I believe they were all an amazing part of the greatest side to ever play professional sports.

Your 2017 premiers, Melbourne Storm.

But we must move on!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hard to look past what Cronk did organising and basically being involved in everything we did with the ball. It's going to take patience from everybody when Croft and Munster start slow.

I'll certainly miss the two big boys more though.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

The guy who can help us forget them quickest is big Sam Kasiano. If he regains his form; his ability to offload in the tackle is extraordinary.

I see his former co-hort Frank Pritchard is a no-show at Parra training. Whereas Big Sam has been at our training since day 1 and he must have dropped 6-8 kilos. Good signs for a return to form.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There were the same lost weight reports last season and before too long he was fat and lazy again.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:There were the same lost weight reports last season and before too long he was fat and lazy again.
I remember last season it was him losing weight for his wedding and then he must have honeymooned throughout the regular season because he definitely put it back on and then some by finals time. I hope being in the Storm system and being surrounded by hard workers (as well as being pushed for selection by Welch/Glasby/P Kaufusi) will mean a different story this year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It was back within a a month of the season :lol:

I'm hopeful as well. He's just got to prove people wrong.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

That is because he used to stop off for pizza on the way home from training last year.

I heard that the Melbourne Storm coaching panel don't let big Sam actually leave AAMI Park and they throw him in a cupboard after training so he can't go on wild nightly eating tantrums.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Sam needs to be put on a fast food ban (like an alcohol ban), and should be forbidden from being within 100 metres of any Maccas, KFC, Dominos etc. :lol:
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

There are only 3 Maccas between AAMI park and where Sam is staying; and the Melbourne Storm has got an armed guard on each of them.
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Slater
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Croft
8. J.Bromwich
9. C.Smith (c)
10. Kasiano
11. F.Kaufusi
12. Asofa-Solamona
13. Finucane

14. Stimson
15. K.Bromwich
16. Glasby
17. Welch
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Can't see Bellamy not playing Hoffman. He's like a son. NAS and kasiano rotating between prop and bench seems the way we are going I think.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

The good thing is we do seem to have a fair bit of depth.

So injuries will be less of a factor.

The team we start with and the team we finish with might also be quite different.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

mattstormy wrote:Sam needs to be put on a fast food ban (like an alcohol ban), and should be forbidden from being within 100 metres of any Maccas, KFC, Dominos etc. :lol:
Sam K is looking pretty slim to me. Looks like he has been living in the gym since he has been down in Melbourne.

Maybe those rumours of the Melbourne Storm officials locking him in at AAMI at night are true. He has great guns.

You can hardly recognise him from the lard butt of last year.

Good to see the boys who had international duties are back

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... ls-return/

Sam K is about half way down.