‘The Foxx’ in purple

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Amazing numbers for the Foxx in his first season.

Not sure how he wasn't playing for the West Tigers but it goes to show how players become transformed when they get into the Melbourne Storm system.

Lets hope Josh Addo-Carr improves again next year. He can't be too far away from Australian selection.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/2 ... osh_a.html

Games played
Tries scored
Metres gained
Line breaks
Tackle busts

hat a debut season it was for ‘The Foxx’ in purple.

His first touch of the ball as a Storm player saw him run 60 metres up field and from there he never looked back.

With 23 tries to his name, Addo-Carr finished as the Club’s leading try scorer alongside Suliasi Vunivalu.

His hat-trick at AAMI Park in a 64-6 win over the Rabbitohs as well as two tries and an assist in the Grand Final were just some in a long list of highlights this season.

Addo-Carr was one of only two Storm players to feature in every game in 2017, also leading the team for run metres, tackle busts and support runs whilst producing more line breaks than any other player in the competition.

The 22-year-old scored Storm’s first try in all three finals and formed an exciting left side combination alongside Curtis Scott during the second half of the season.

Addo-Carr’s blistering runs down the AAMI Park sideline have quickly made him a fan favourite amongst the purple army as he announced himself as one of the NRL’s most exciting young talents.

The best part is that he signed a new four-year deal in August, ensuring Storm fans can continue to fall in love with Addo-Carr for many seasons to come.

On grand final day 12 months before scoring two tries against the Cowboys Josh Addo-Carr had been playing fullback for the Redfern All Blacks in Koori Knockout when at one stage he was cleaned up by a coathanger as he strove for the line.

Addo-Carr has told of how he was pulled into line by Craig Bellamy upon arriving at Melbourne and told that they didn't carry on celebrating tries down that way.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I love this bloke. Such a wonderful story. It is so funny; if this bloke was playing for a Sydney team; he wouldn't be able to move 5 yards without someone asking him for a photo or bothering him.

Here in Melbourne; he can walk the streets without anyone knowing him.

Love the Fox's lair and he is a very proud boy. Proud of his culture and his family.

It is great to get to know the players a bit more. The media is all about intimacy.

https://twitter.com/storm/status/946279071599575040
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b07af12359

How Storm speed demon Josh Addo-Carr is getting faster as he pushes for NSW selection in 2018

JOSH Addo-Carr is already the fastest man in the NRL.

But in a scary revelation for every winger who has to mark him, he believes he can get even faster and is putting in the hard yards to make it happen.

The 22-year-old was one of the buys of the year in 2017, scoring 23 tries, including a grand final double as the Storm romped to the premiership.

It was a breakout year that sparked calls for the speed demon to be considered for World Cup selection, and while that was always a long shot he has already been identified as a potential bolter for NSW in Brad Fittler’s first Origin campaign as coach.

Addo-Carr admits he was taken by surprise when Fittler named him as one of four players on the fringe of selection for a Blues side struggling to break Queensland’s stranglehold on the shield.

Along with his elevation to the Storm’s Emerging Leaders program, the potential of wearing a sky blue jersey has turbo-charged Addo-Carr’s pre-season. He told foxsports.com.au he was working with Melbourne conditioner and former Olympic sprinter Adam Basil to make his biggest weapon even more lethal.

“He’s been teaching us some stuff that will hopefully help me get faster,” Addo-Carr said.

“Technique-wise and learning how to run properly and how to produce force I suppose. I’m just trying to improve my technique and try to get faster.”

When you’re on the field you just run, you don’t think about that stuff. Even now at the Storm I just run and try to get there as fast as I can, so it’s just natural I suppose.

“You can work on acceleration and repeat efforts and that kind of thing.

“I’d like to think it’d be a bit scary for my opponents if I could get faster. That’s a good thing when other players are worried about you.”

And why wouldn’t they be when he is already capable of making defenders look silly when he turns on the afterburners.

With points at a premium in tense Origin encounters, you can understand why Fittler would carefully consider bringing him into a side that is certain to have a different look in 2018.

Fittler coached Addo-Carr for the first time last year, when he picked him on the flank for the City Origin side, with the winger impressed by the coach’s ability to get his side tuned up to play well in a short training camp.

“Me and Freddy get on really well,” Addo-Carr said.

met him in City camp and he’s a good guy to be around. When I found out he considered me a bolter, I was pretty surprised but it’s good. If I keep playing good footy for the Storm hopefully other opportunities will come up.

“I’m not really worried about it, I’m just going to keep working hard, keep trying, and if an opportunity comes up hopefully I can take it with both hands.”

For now, Addo-Carr is keeping his feet firmly planted on the ground, with the renowned brutality of a Storm pre-season his only focus.

Having stepped up into the Emerging Leaders program pioneered by former AFL star Nick Maxwell, he has more reasons than ever to burn up the training track.

“In the Storm organisation, it’s a pretty big thing,” Addo-Carr said. “The Storm are pretty big on leadership and it’s really good for myself to step up in that role.

“Hopefully I can step up into a senior leadership role one day but it’s been really good for me on and off the field, because I can take those leadership skills into my family and my community.

“It’s been really good for me and hopefully I can step up into a senior leadership role in the future.

“It’s all about being a role model to the younger players — train the way you play and hope that it filters down.”

It must be a frightening thought for opponents that Addo-Carr is prepared to work hard on a strength that already makes him virtually untouchable any time he gets into a foot race.

He says that up until this off-season he has relied on his natural instincts to jet down the sideline, with Basil making some tweaks to fully unleash the beast.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Double page spread in the Herald Sun.

Rare for the Melbourne Storm.

https://twitter.com/storm?ref_src=twsrc ... r%5Eauthor

That is how electrifying this bloke is.

Run and Gun.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can't wait for Vossy's; the Fan on Fox this week.

A huge interview with Suli and Josh.

Much watch viewing.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Suli 'spoiling' JAC's try celebration I'm sure will come up in conversation.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A few of Vossy’s questions were there for either player to be self indulgent. Things like are they competitive with each other on the season try tally (a’la Sailor/Lote). To their credit, the boys were very humble and on numerous occasions, deferred to their teammates efforts/the teams efforts for their success.

I had a real moment of pride that the boys were so aware to do that. That team first ethos is deep in the veins!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/maroon ... e3d400f8c6

Maroons skipper Cameron Smith wary of facing Josh Addo-Carr as Storm flyer makes compelling Blues case
AAP
April 26, 2018

QUEENSLAND skipper Cameron Smith says the prospect of lining up against in-form Melbourne Storm teammate Josh Addo-Carr in a NSW jersey is a ‘scary thought’.

Addo-Carr scored twice in the Storm’s 50-10 demolition job on the Warriors with the first try an effort that would be sure to make Blues coach Brad Fittler take notice.

The 22-year-old winger was ankle tapped and bounced off defenders but still showed blistering speed to race 80 metres, and then stood up Kiwi Test fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to score.

“There’s not many guys in the comp who could do that,” Smith said.

“That’s a pretty special talent that he’s got and if he gets the chance to play for the Blues, that’s a scary thought for Queensland.

“You wouldn’t like to see him get the ball in any kind of open space ... the ability he has to find points.”

Smith said that Addo-Carr had a few “loose ends” when he arrived in Melbourne last year from Wests Tigers, but had worked hard to fit in with the club.

Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy said he couldn’t recall seeing a try scored like Addo-Carr’s first half effort.

“That was one hell of a try,” Bellamy said.

“He got ankle tapped and pushed off balance and to be able to regain his balance and then go around Roger, it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a try like that scored.

“His last three weeks have been outstanding.”
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If JAC wasn't already a lock for the Blues, that game surely sealed the deal. Excitement machine.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fox is now as good as anyone in the game. Shame about Curtis injury. It would have been great to see them in the Blues team together.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

JAC and Jimmy the Jet on the same side for the Blues would be something to behold!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Who let the Foxx out? Back to his brilliant best. I'm glad he is in purple.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D wrote:JAC and Jimmy the Jet on the same side for the Blues would be something to behold!
Scary thought...
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It’s funny to think that some of us, myself included, wanted him to piss of and stay with the Tigers back when he was saying stuff like he wished he could stay there and he’ll definitely go back when he’s contract is up. My how the times have changed. Now he’s arguably the best winger in the comp and i wouldn’t swap him for any other winger out there. Plus he’s signed an extension to stay longer. The only bad thing is he’ll more likely then not be in the NSW team against my QLD.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

His attitude needed a massive fix so I think the criticism of him early was very fair. Since being a part of the club he's been perfect though.

I think he was our best winger last season and again this season. Would probably only be talked into one or two other wingers over him in the comp. But that's probably just personal preference.