Jordan Mclean

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I fear we will miss Jordan even more than we miss Cooper.

At least Cooper has a ready made replacement in Brodie.

But I am not sure if we have anyone to replace Jordan.

It is a major coup for the North Queensland team and I wonder if we tried hard enough to keep him.

Especially now he is an Australian player.

It typically took 3 players to bring Jordan down each time he carried the ball this year.

At 25, he is just about to hit his peak.

And after all the nutrering we did of Jordan through Alex crisis and also Jordans hamstrings.

I fear Jordan will come back and bite us on the butt next year.

We paid Sam Kasiano more money than we offered Jordan; but I reckon Jordan Mclean has gone passed him now.

Maybe we should have paid Jordan, that money?
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Jordy didn't leave for money. We have Welch coming back from injury too, who I rate. I'm optimistic about Pat Kaufusi as well.

We'll be fine as long as we don't have an injury crisis.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I know Jordy left because of his love of his mate Ben Hampton and he wants his kids to grow up around their cousins etc.

Still the photo is hard to swallow of his first day with the Cowboys.

Jordy has absolutely taken his play to the next level and is now possibly in the top 1 or 2 front rowers in Australia as you can see from his Aussie team selection.

I think we will miss his hit up ability big time.

Christian Welch is no where near as advanced or developed as a play as what Jordy was and after all the hard work of developing Jordy; it is a shame that he leaves our club at 25 years old.

We have no ready replacement with the size and speed and ability.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It is a great shame he has gone, but he left a great legacy. His GF was huge - really important hitups both deep in our back half, then on the attack, especially in the lead up to the match-winning Finucane try.

I wish him well at the Cowboys. He will always be remembered as a significant contributor in a Storm premiership team. Like Mick Crocker - wherever he went after he left the Storm, and now in retirement after playing for quite a few clubs, he will always evoke memories of that hit on Brett Stewart in the 07 GF.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:
We paid Sam Kasiano more money than we offered Jordan; but I reckon Jordan Mclean has gone passed him now.

Maybe we should have paid Jordan, that money?
Do you have a (reputable) source for that? From all reports the club tried very hard to hold onto JM but apparently the Cows offer was far greater.

It’s all well and good to say throw more money at him but as you know the salary cap is a very hard balancing act to keep up. Most clubs make a right mess of it which puts them down for years but we balance much better than anyone these days, especially with the talent on our books.

The simple fact is that you can’t pay every player their market value and you have to let some go sometimes when other club bs are paying more than you can afford unfortunately and It’s the nature of the game. It goes both ways though, if the Dogs hadve offered more money they may have held on to Finucane but look what happened there...
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I for one am excited to see how Sam Kasiano goes next year. He could go real good in the Storm system. The Bulldogs weren’t using him the best they could, they wanted their props to be ball players, when he just needs to run hard and look for quick play the balls or offloads. So with Bromwich, Kasiano, NAS, Glasby, Welch, Kaufusi, etc I think we are well versed for props
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Jordan is now an Australian player and maybe the best Australian prop in the game so maybe he was worth what the Cows were offering and we could have factored that it in.

Granted the last 6 or 8 games of the season after the deal was done; Jordy played superb and lifted his game about 3 notches.

So maybe we didn't see that coming.

Sam Kasiano has big shoes to fill and if healthy, remember he is having a shoulder opo, he is a chance to run hard and contribute big time

He has to get through Bellyache's preseason hell yet.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can't keep em all. Our prop rotation still has a great mix of impact, minutes, youth and experience. With the greatest of respect to Jordy, I'm not at all concerned about our forward prospects for next year.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I am considering who we've replaced him with.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

What do people think of big Sam Kasiano? He is meant to be quite lazy.

Jordan McLean goes looking for hard work.

I am not sure that is Sam Kasianos modus any more?

Maybe the Sam Kasiano of 3 years ago.

Can Bellamy weave his magic on big Sam K?

Might be the defining question of the Melbourne Storm 2017 season.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:Jordan is now an Australian player and maybe the best Australian prop in the game so maybe he was worth what the Cows were offering and we could have factored that it in.

Granted the last 6 or 8 games of the season after the deal was done; Jordy played superb and lifted his game about 3 notches.

Sam Kasiano has big shoes to fill and if healthy, remember he is having a shoulder opo, he is a chance to run hard and contribute big time

Jordy a better prop than Matt Scott?

Yeah nah.

Fully fit and firing on all cylinders Scott is the best front rower in the comp and the best front rower since Shane Webcke.

Jordy has achieved so much despite his setbacks but he has a ways to go before can lay claim to being the best in the game.

Although right now I would have him over Klemmer anf Woods!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:What do people think of big Sam Kasiano? He is meant to be quite lazy.

Jordan McLean goes looking for hard work.

I am not sure that is Sam Kasianos modus any more?

Maybe the Sam Kasiano of 3 years ago.

Can Bellamy weave his magic on big Sam K?

Might be the defining question of the Melbourne Storm 2017 season.
2018 season...
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:
Cameron wrote:Jordan is now an Australian player and maybe the best Australian prop in the game so maybe he was worth what the Cows were offering and we could have factored that it in.

Jordy a better prop than Matt Scott?

Yeah nah.

Fully fit and firing on all cylinders Scott is the best front rower in the comp and the best front rower since Shane Webcke.

Jordy has achieved so much despite his setbacks but he has a ways to go before can lay claim to being the best in the game.

Although right now I would have him over Klemmer anf Woods!

North Queensland will now have Scott and Mclean and Cooper and Jason Taumalolo now

The 4 horseman of the Apocalypse

Scary!.