What the actual FAAAAAAAAAARRRRRK?!?!?!??!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I hope this is bullshit. I mean, I don't think he should be denied the chance to make a comeback but do we really want or need him?

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby-l ... spartandhp

Banned winger Sandor Earl will reportedly make a comeback to the NRL with the Melbourne Storm.
The 28-year-old has signed a one-year-deal with the premiers after completing a four-year peptides trafficking suspension handed down by ASADA, Fox Sports says.
The Storm are expected to confirm the signing later this week, with Earl posting on social media that he is poised to "announce a new chapter and a new beginning".
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Same thing also reported on the Foxsports web site. I'm really not quite sure how his addition actually improves our team.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well we only really have 4 centres Blair Scott Olam and Chambers (have I missed anyone) 5 with sale finau but he is only 18 so when Chambers and Munster go play origin I couldn't see bellamy throwing finau in the deep end Earl would be perfect
he is taking Jeremy Hawkins spot...I have nothing against him coming to our club or being given a chance
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didn't mind Earl as a player. He was made a scapegoat for the whole Stephen Dank scenario I mean the Sharks effectively got suspended for what three weeks? Ok yes the Sharks didn't "traffick" the drugs.

He has served his time. From the reports I have seen since he has moved to Melbourne he has been working his backside off on his fitness. He would be relatively cheap $150k maximum I would think. He has been given a second chance and I think he will grab it with both hands. He has had a lot of time to think about his NRL career. Although if everyone is fit I don't think he would be in our first 17 but is someone with first grade experience who provides cover.

As Sallymay says he is replacing Jeremy Hawkins, given Hawkins never played NRL for Storm it is not much of a risk. (Although if he came on to list at the expense of Justin Olam, who shows a heap of potential I might feel a little differently).

If he is willing to work hard and play his role I am happy for him to join the Storm.

If it is true, welcome to the Storm Sandor. Good luck comes to those people who work hard.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would be annoyed if he plays before Olam
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

This thread is so UNMELBOURNE STORM

How about welcome to the Club!!!!

There is no better story than the story of redemption.

Sandor Earl deserves a sgot at redemption given he is a scape goat on every single person who ever took drugs.

This thread is exactly what you expect from Sydneysiders who call the Melbourne Storm salary cheats.

Above and beyond everything else. He is a great height and a great age and he is absolutely HUNGRY!!!

And we get him for as cheap as chips; nothing!

Look at his fantastic statistics....

Born 21 September 1989 (age 28)
Wellington, New Zealand
Height 190 cm (6 ft 3 in)
Weight 99 kg (15 st 8 lb)
Playing information
Position Wing
Club
Years Team Pld T G FG P
2009 Sydney Roosters 3 0 0 0 0
2010–12 Penrith Panthers 16 6 0 0 24
2012–13 Canberra Raiders 29 17 0 0 68
Total 48 23 0 0 92
Representative

He is a try scoring machine...

and will be a fantastic back up with lots of upside who just wants to PLAY THE GAME

the GAME WE ALL LOVE

Please give him a go.

It is the Melbourne Storm way!!!

You never know what might happen!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:This thread is so UNMELBOURNE STORM

How about welcome to the Club!!!!

There is no better story than the story of redemption.

Sandor Earl deserves a sgot at redemption given he is a scape goat on every single person who ever took drugs.

This thread is exactly what you expect from Sydneysiders who call the Melbourne Storm salary cheats.

Above and beyond everything else. He is a great height and a great age and he is absolutely HUNGRY!!!

And we get him for as cheap as chips; nothing!

Look at his fantastic statistics....

Born 21 September 1989 (age 28)
Wellington, New Zealand
Height 190 cm (6 ft 3 in)
Weight 99 kg (15 st 8 lb)
Playing information
Position Wing
Club
Years Team Pld T G FG P
2009 Sydney Roosters 3 0 0 0 0
2010–12 Penrith Panthers 16 6 0 0 24
2012–13 Canberra Raiders 29 17 0 0 68
Total 48 23 0 0 92
Representative

He is a try scoring machine...

and will be a fantastic back up with lots of upside who just wants to PLAY THE GAME

the GAME WE ALL LOVE

Please give him a go.

It is the Melbourne Storm way!!!

You never know what might happen!
Great comment Cameron.
RobbieRoss
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Very happy to have Sandor on board.

It nicely balances the list from this season( I am assuming we have signed up Billy Walters, Lachlan Timm and Harry Grant ).

Kasiano for McLean
Hoffman for Harris
Walters for Griffin
P Kaufusi for Rochow
Geraghty for Gallo
Papenhuyzen for Cronk
Earl for Hawkins
Timm for Nichols
Grant for Turpin

No doubt we lose a big with the overall comparison ; but still a very strong squad with good depth. Assuming Croft, Kasiano, Stimson and B Smith come into the starting 17, the following is a team of our reserves.
1. Hughes
2.Tonumaipea
3. Blair
4. Earl
5. Olam
6.Drinkwater
7. Jacks
8. Myles
9. Walters
10.Welch
11. P Kaufusi
12. Hoffman
13. Kamikamica
14 Grant
15 Leuluai
16.Timm
17. Geraghty.

Sale Finau and Ryan Papenhuyzen amongst those in the wings.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah I'm pretty sure there were a lot of people who had issues with the addo-carr signing 18 months ago and look what happened there.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

The only thing that will hold Sandor back is lack of opportunity not lack of ability. If his number is called ie injuries; then watch out.

With the above list we have lost a bit obviously with Cronk but also in the forwards.

Harris and Mclean were masters last year.

The ability of Kasiano to play the Melbourne way and not just cruise is crucial to our success or otherwise next year.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:This thread is so UNMELBOURNE STORM
Excuse me?
Aren't people entitled to an opinion these days?

If you read the actual comments posted, very few of them are particularly negative.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Look at the title?

and the first line.

Extremely UmMelbourne Storm like.

No! People are not entitled to an opinion these days. Absolutely not.

That is the one thing Twitter teaches us.

People must tow the team line. Absolutely. 100%.

If Frank Ponissi and Craig Bellamy and Adam O’Brien and Paul Bunn think that Sandor is worth a second chance then you; me and every single Melbourne Storm fan have to jump on board and give this bloke as much positive energy as we possibly can.

Simple!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:Look at the title?

and the first line.

If Frank Ponissi and Craig Bellamy and Adam O’Brien and Paul Bunn think that Sandor is worth a second chance then you; me and every single Melbourne Storm fan have to jump on board and give this bloke as much positive energy as we possibly can.

Simple!
bye bye.....maybe focus on intelligent, thoughtful comment rather than potting long term poster on The Bai Stand
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

and the first line.

Simple!
May I suggest some light reading?

We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

and the first line.

Simple!
Appreciate your energy and enthusiasm but you seriously need to reel it in a bit.