World Club Challenge

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tigerr
Squall
Squall

I'd really like to see us challenge for the title of best team in the World next year.

This is the only stripped trophy we haven't got back yet.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yes we did, won it in 2013.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It'll be the fourth time we've gone up against Leeds. Does anyone know if it'll be in the UK or here in Australia? Cause their are some super league teams coming over to play in the pre-season, I know that
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought I read somewhere we once again declined the opportunity to be involved? Not interested personally, especially as it seems to affect teams.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought as champions we're pretty much obliged to do it. I personally like the wcc, just because it's teams that don't usually face off against each other
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I don't think we have officially declined yet, but, looking like we will (unless possibly they come here).
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've always like the idea of it but it takes way too much out of the clubs.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

WOFTAM.

Until the WCC is played like the Superbowl between the NFC and AFC it is worthless.
2 weeks after the Grand Finals with the same teams (or as close as possible) to those that won their respective national comps.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tigerr wrote:I'd really like to see us challenge for the title of best team in the World next year.

This is the only stripped trophy we haven't got back yet.
You really are dumber than a 2nd coat of paint.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Hope that's correct.

Besides, this would be the 5th time we'd played a WCC and all of them in the UK. it's not worth disrupting the club's preparation like that again for a nothing game.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lima lima lima duck the world cup challenge...we survive to win NRL Grand Finals.....that is ALL that matters.

The sooner every player at Melbourne Storm realises that is ALL the membership base cares about...the better
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Here's an idea, treat it like the Davis Cup and make teams alternate when they play each other ie we played there last time, they come here this time.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally I hope the reports are correct and we don’t participate. I was fortunate enough to be at the WCC in Leeds in 2013 because I happened to be in the UK on a pre-planned holiday well before we won in 2012 and as much as I loved seeing it, it’s nothihg but a distraction and a waste of time flying over to the other side of the world so close to the season proper.

If they were to come over here to play I’d be well up for it as it’s be just like a usual trial match but otherwise forget it
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I personally love the WCC concept and it's a bit of a shame it isn't going ahead.