World Club Challenge

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:8 replies 7 retweets 64 likes
Reply 8 Retweet 7 Like 64

Melbourne Storm

Verified account

@storm
25m25 minutes ago
More
Introducing acclaimed artist @itisnathaniel as our pre-game entertainment for the Downer World Club Challenge! Check it out -
Who?
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

https://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news/ ... challenge/

Nathaniel Willemse confirmed for World Club Challenge

Acclaimed artist Nathaniel Willemse has been confirmed as the pre-game entertainment for next Friday night's Downer World Club Challenge.

After shooting to fame on X Factor Australia, Nathaniel has since enjoyed smash hits 'You' and 'Live Louder'.

Storm fans will be able to dance and sing along to all of Nathaniel's hits before seeing the two best rugby league teams battle it our for the best in the world.

Today's announcement all but confirms that AAMI Park will be the place to be on February 16 when Melbourne Storm take on Leeds Rhinos.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can barely contain my excitement.

Pre match entertainment is pointless.
Storm2016
Squall
Squall

Given we are pretty much only a week away now and having played the trial yesterday, even though we dont know too much, it gives us a bit more of an idea as to who is available etc
Hopefully Croft, JAC and Scott were just rested, but it does seem a bit odd to me that we wouldnt play Croft, maybe he is injured.
Kasiano pretty much wont be playing now id say

I hope we go something like this

1. Billy Slater
2. Suliasi Vunivalu
3. Will Chambers
4. Curtis Scott
5. Josh Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Brodie Croft
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith
10. Tim Glasby
11. Felise Kaufusi
12. Kenny Bromwich
13. Dale Finucane
14. Ryan Hoffman
15. Nelson Asofa-Solomona
16. Joe Stimson
17. Brandon Smith
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:I can barely contain my excitement.

Pre match entertainment is pointless.
But he finished sixth on the fourth season of The X Factor Australia. That is almost AC DC standard.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Josh Addo-Carr is also out with a hamstring strain.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/melb ... 4yzou.html

Melbourne Storm star Cameron Munster in line for World Club Challenge
Roy Ward

Melbourne Storm back Cameron Munster is expected to play in the club’s World Club Challenge game next Friday night.

The Australian and Queensland State-of-Origin back was thrown into an unexpected controversy on Wednesday when speculation emerged he could be released by Storm if he didn’t improve his off-field conduct.

Despite the controversy surrounding Melbourne Storm's Cameron Munster, the club see him as a major part of their future.

Storm put out a brief statement on Wednesday to say Munster would not be released and he played 30 minutes in the Storm’s trial game against Newcastle behind closed doors at AAMI Park on Wednesday.

The Knights won 26-22 as both sides cycled through a number of changes and line-ups.

Munster, 23, is contracted until the end of 2019 and as one of the NRL’s rising stars is already a long-term target of multiple clubs.

But Storm still view him as a major part of their future and a star of the club once superstars Billy Slater and Cameron Smith retire.

Like many of his teammates, Munster’s performance was described as “solid but needs improvement” with the game understood to have included a number of play-the-ball penalties and errors due to the hot conditions and it being both sides’ first trial game.

While Munster is expected to take his place against Leeds Rhinos at AAMI Park next Friday night, prop Sam Kasiano will likely miss the game after rolling his ankle against the Knights.

Kasiano is believed to be out for one to two weeks but still a chance to play in round one against his old club, Canterbury Bulldogs, while centre Cheyse Blair is out four to six weeks with an ankle injury and Josh Addo-Carr is battling a hamstring strain and is doubtful for the WCC game.

Youngsters Curtis Scott and Brodie Croft weren’t used against the Knights after a tough training load in recent weeks, but both are likely to play against Leeds.

Slater, Smith, Will Chambers and the rest of Storm’s regular starters are in line to play in the WCC and Melbourne Storm have never held the NRL minor premiership, premiership and the WCC title at the same time so are using that goal as extra motivation for the early season game.

Prop Christian Welch and outside backs Justin Olam and Young Tonumaipea are making strong claims to come into the side with Welch playing his first game since a knee reconstruction last year and performing well.

Brandon Smith and Ryley Jacks are also vying for a bench utility role and both played well in the Knights game.

It’s understood both Storm and Leeds have requested 12 interchanges instead of 10 for next Friday’s game but will both still have four bench players each despite Storm being in preseason and Leeds having to travel over 24 hours for the game.

Melbourne Storm play Leeds Rhinos in the World Club Challenge at AAMI Park on February 16 at 8pm.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Injuries to Blair and JAC, possibly opens the door to Justin Olam.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Justin or Youngie.
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I would go Olam over Young T.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes!!!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

It would be great to get Hushesy into the side as he is talent personified but I am not sure he played in the trial game.

I reckon Hushesy is a huge talent.

I reckon we are going to be very underdone for this game vrs Leeds.

with some of the blokes having trained for less then 3 weeks and a few injuries.

Leeds are currently behind Hull in the Super League in their last game before they fly over.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I would pick Olam over Tonumaipea but I think Craig may do the opposite of that.

Half Time Leeds 10 Hull KR 10 Leeds Tries Adam Cuthbertson and Jimmy Keinhorst Goal Richie Myler

Hull KR were better team for first thirty minutes but then gave away a penalty on the last tackle. Cuthbertson than strolled through a massive hole in the middle of the field 2 or 3 tackles later. Leeds second try came off a repeat set after Adam Quinlan dropped a bomb. Cuthbertson threw a long ball out to Keinhorst who put on a lovely step to get around ex-Storm player Maurice Blair. It is a wet night.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Leeds are so impressive.

Their will to win is extreme.

10-0 down and they just do a Jedi Mind trick and dominate the rest of the game. Next thing you know, Leeds score - try after try after try!!

We will be very rusty and I reckon Leeds are a huge chance to beat us.

Jimmy Keinhorst is amazing. He is a try scoring machine. Quick, big, strong, skilful and smart. Clearly one of the best players in the world.

Richie Myler kicking game will really challenge us.

I reckon Leeds will be very tough to beat as they are purring.
harrigan
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I thought we were terrible tonight. No go forward and way too many errors. Play like that next week and youll beat us by 50
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think you are underselling your team.

it was very wet and greasy conditions.

You started slowly sure. But Leeds stamped their will on the game and forced themselves to victory.

Not every win is beautiful football

Your stars shone when they needed to and showed what Leeds are - a team that just finds a way to win!
Last edited by Cameron on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.