2017 Grand Final: Storm Vs Cowboys

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bullucked
Monsoon
Monsoon

richardv wrote:So is it going to be like last year No after party
So we make the effort to get to Sydney at inflated travel and accommodation prices
then straight after the game we just go home :(
Another one of my beefs of the club, LOL!
We paid the premium and went to the after party in Sydney in 2012, waited around for hours (yes hours), bought drinks at hugely inflated prices only for the players to arrive just in time for everybody to leave to catch the last train out of the Olympic Park precinct, very disappointed. Go to huge expense to get up there and support, at least we saw the victory. (1999 post match party was exactly the same) And before anybody starts, I fully get the fact of why would the players want to celebrate with us the minions.

If you want a good time (so it appears) be back in Melbourne for the next days celebration
tigerr
Squall
Squall

If we do win, what time do the celebrations normally commence at Gosch's paddock?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

For some silly reason the after event is at Fed Square this year. The email says from 12.00 midday, there is no way the players will be there at midday. I have been to every after evnet in Melbourne the players are always there mid afternoon and late. Yes always late. The club only wants you there early so you spend money on merchanise. I wish they would tell what time the players are expected and it should not be in the city. Who wants to pay for parking in the city on a week day
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

2009 was at Princes Park in Carlton...5th October 2009 around 10.40am
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
richardv
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

And with No after party there is no were for the mass of loyal purple supporters to go because NSW lock out law
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gosch's Paddock is much better for the after party, more space. Grassy surrounds. Having said that last year the post match commiserations were at Crown Riverwalk and because we lost you didn't need much space because there would have been lucky to be 100 or 200 people there.

I also remember heading out to Princes Park when I got home from Sydney in 2008, the weather was atrocious, it was the first day back at school and we lost badly. There were between 50 - 100 there and the players came out for about 15 - 20 minutes.

Usually it is on the first day back after school holidays but this year it is still school holidays so if we win should be a big crowd. Given the time of my flight I am not sure if I will make it.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Grand Final referees
Referees: Matt Cecchin and Gerard Sutton
Touch Judges: Nick Beashel and Chris Butler
Video referees: Bernard Sutton and Ben Galea
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Are you sure about the time 2009? I was there I have some great photos and I remember it being the 05/10/09 as it was sons birthday. But there would be no way I could have leave work and got to the other side of town (for me) by that time. Then again I could have been on holidays.
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

2009 was definitely mid to late afternoon at princes
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Slater
2. Vunivalu
3. Chambers
4. Scott
5. Addo-Carr
6. Munster
7. Cronk
8. J.Bromwich
9. C.Smith (c)
10. McLean
11. Kaufusi
12. Harris
13. Finucane

14. K.Bromwich
15. Glasby
16. Asofa-Solomona
17. Griffin

18. Jacks
19. Rochow
20. Stimson
21. Tonumaipea
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Guessing Jacks got named because Hughes got injured against the Hunters yeah?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:Guessing Jacks got named because Hughes got injured against the Hunters yeah?
Yes, so cover for the halves plus Croft out injured too.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hughes has been confirmed with a broken foot
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Mattpoet wrote:Hughes has been confirmed with a broken foot
Hope he gets hit foot right for a big preseason. I've got a feeling of we win this will be Bills last game and he will hang up the boots. I'd almost bet on it.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:Are you sure about the time 2009? I was there I have some great photos and I remember it being the 05/10/09 as it was sons birthday. But there would be no way I could have leave work and got to the other side of town (for me) by that time. Then again I could have been on holidays.

the video i took said 10.46am so the time on my camera might have been wrong but dont think so ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time