Travel plans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Okay now the nervous week begins.

Let's share our travel tips, deals, itineraries, etc

My first question is for those who have driven up for the game. How'd you do it? Are there any towns in between you recommend staying overnight on Saturday?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We're flying out 9am Saturday morning and flying home 7am Monday. Not the most ideal time for that flight but if we win i couldn't care less. I've been lucky enough to see every GF and the one and only time we drove was in 1999. Back in those days there was very little competition with the airlines so flights were much more expensive than what they are today.

As for a stopover to be honest the drive i wouldn't bother and just go straight through. The drive these days is an easy and very straight forward one that can be easily be done in one hit with a stop off or two to rest and have a feed.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I've flown up for every BF bar 99 when we drove and (thankfully) missed 2008 (on holidays in another country. It might be a bad omen but I'll be on holidays again in that other country this time too!)
I'd do the drive if I had a couple of "like minded" with me but if on your own I would recommend the flight. If you're lucky you might get home on the Monday morning flight with the team, if not, be at Sydney airport to celebrate (commiserate) with them. They were very gracious with their time last year, absolute ornaments to the game, one and all.
Enjoy it everyone, go down to the rocks in the morning, enjoy the buzz, have a few frothies and a nice counter meal and let the day roll on. Envious of you all.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

I'm driving up from Albury with the family as I have done for all grandfinals. I'll leave sun morning early this year and drive home Monday. Can't wait !!!!
Just gotta get tickets first :shock2:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You won't have an issue getting tickets. Not sure if you're a member but if so our allocation will go on sale either tomorrow or Monday. if not you can buy them on ticketek or ebay now
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote:You won't have an issue getting tickets. Not sure if you're a member but if so our allocation will go on sale either tomorrow or Monday. if not you can buy them on ticketek or ebay now
Unfortunately not a member , I'm can get tickets now but the cheapest are way up the top and the Mrs eyes don't like that lol

I'll either have to wait and hope there's some tickets left in the storm section on Tues or find a member that can't make it and bribe them for a AAN number lol.
Either way we made the big dance and I'm pumped and I'll be there !!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've no doubt a member who can't make it will be more than happy to pass on their number for you to get tickets. Depending on how many tickets we can get per member (can't remember) I might have a spare number for you. I'll let you know when the email comes through in regards to tickets
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote:I've no doubt a member who can't make it will be more than happy to pass on their number for you to get tickets. Depending on how many tickets we can get per member (can't remember) I might have a spare number for you. I'll let you know when the email comes through in regards to tickets
From what I've read you'll be only able to buy four tickets per AAN number unfortunately. I've got a party of 5 but one of the kids is keen to stay home so that will suit well luckily .
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well in that case it should be fine if we can get 4 per number. Once I get the confirmation through I'll message you with the number
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote:Well in that case it should be fine if we can get 4 per number. Once I get the confirmation through I'll message you with the number
That would be amazing if it works out and a great offer even if it doesn't.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All good mate it won't be an issue at all. The more purple we have there the better
tigerr
Squall
Squall

How much do the finals tickets cost for the Storm Supporters section?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just had a look at my CC statement from last year and i paid $404.50 for two tickets in our section
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

I can't remember what it cost last year. Watching the win live with other mad storm fans is priceless !
When we beat the dogs I sat right up in the highest area and the atmosphere was crap compared to in the club fan areas.

Wow I don't remember it being that expensive !
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

I just checked mine and I paid $710 for a family and an extra adult !!!