Travel plans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
tigerr
Squall
Squall

I just checked on Ticketek - there seem to be some $60 tickets
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There are but you asked how much they are in the Storm section. The cheap ones are up in the nose bleed section and i personally wouldn't bother
tigerr
Squall
Squall

I can't afford $200 for a ticket. Nosebleed will do me just fine
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just became even easier to get a ticket with the cows winning
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Dumb question - where is the Storm supporters section and how do you book tickets specifically there? Cannot easily find it on ticketek...
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Dumb question - where is the Storm supporters section and how do you book tickets specifically there? Cannot easily find it on ticketek...
Yourhero the supporters section for each team are at either end of the ground behind the goals. These tickets don't go on sale to members until 10am Monday.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's 5 bays each end behind the goals. They'll go on sale to members with a number either tomorrow or Monday and whatever isn't sold goes to the public
tigerr
Squall
Squall

Surely there is going to be heaps of spare tickets for a Storm v Cowboys Grand Final.

Might buy a Roosters members ticket on eBay for $10!!!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hey guys, so I have managed to find a road trip buddy to tag along with me to the game next week.

We are contemplating the following itinerary with a stop every 2 to 2.5 hours, if anyone sees anything that sticks out please let me know. We are very much road trip newbies. Given my credit card bill for last years Grand Final was near $2k we are definitely not flying and not staying anywhere near Sydney or surrounding suburbs.

Sunday:
Leg 1: Melbourne to Benalla to stretch the legs
Leg 2: Benalla to Wagga Wagga for our main stop
Leg 3: Wagga Wagga to Goulburn, we will most likely check in to our hotel at pick up the room key and freshen up
Leg 4: Goulburn to Homebush for the game.

Immediately after the game we will drive 2.5 hours to Goulburn and head back to the hotel room to recharge the batteries before the final day of driving home on Monday.

Does anyone know if there is parking available near the stadium? Given the $$ saved by driving I am happy to pay a premium for is.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

nacho wrote:Hey guys, so I have managed to find a road trip buddy to tag along with me to the game next week.

We are contemplating the following itinerary with a stop every 2 to 2.5 hours, if anyone sees anything that sticks out please let me know. We are very much road trip newbies. Given my credit card bill for last years Grand Final was near $2k we are definitely not flying and not staying anywhere near Sydney or surrounding suburbs.

Sunday:
Leg 3: Wagga Wagga to Goulburn, we will most likely check in to our hotel at pick up the room key and freshen up

Immediately after the game we will drive 2.5 hours to Goulburn and head back to the hotel room to recharge the batteries before the final day of driving home on Monday.

Does anyone know if there is parking available near the stadium? Given the $$ saved by driving I am happy to pay a premium for is.

Any reason for stopping in wagga coz its going to add travel time as its not on the main highway ?
We paid for parking in the main Olympic precinct in 2012 , cost wasn't too bad and u just jump on a bus to the ground.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormfan2010 wrote:
nacho wrote:Hey guys, so I have managed to find a road trip buddy to tag along with me to the game next week.

Sunday:

Any reason for stopping in wagga coz its going to add travel time as its not on the main highway ?
We paid for parking in the main Olympic precinct in 2012 , cost wasn't too bad and u just jump on a bus to the ground.
Good point, the other halves think we need that stop, we would probably end up going straight to Goulburn to check in at our hotel to be honest.
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

What about stop at benalla then gundagai for a rest then a few hours later your in Goulburn for the night ?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Heading up to Sydney on Friday night last flight in to Syd on Friday night ...heading into parra and staying in parra for 3 days
Leaving Sydney at around 1:30 ...my flights already been changed 3 times
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormfan2010 wrote:
From what I've read you'll be only able to buy four tickets per AAN number unfortunately. I've got a party of 5 but one of the kids is keen to stay home so that will suit well luckily .
Still waiting on the AAN numbers mate. I've definitely got one for you and will send it through once i get it
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote:
stormfan2010 wrote:
From what I've read you'll be only able to buy four tickets per AAN number unfortunately. I've got a party of 5 but one of the kids is keen to stay home so that will suit well luckily .
Still waiting on the AAN numbers mate. I've definitely got one for you and will send it through once i get it

Your a legend !!!